Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Native New Zealand Plant Photos

Native New Zealand Plant Photos

Old May 29th 2005, 7:02 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Native New Zealand Plant Photos

Originally Posted by extrameant
Aw, the nice wee spider. I made some into paperweights. Actually, the one in the picture was the fastest spider I have seen. Didn't really like catching that one. There are a lot of unwanted spiders, including redbacks that live in New Zealand now, so you can never be sure what you are dealing with unless you recognise it.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...id=14759&stc=1

And then there are weta's of course. male and female shown here. To give you an idea of scale, the yellow thing is about the size of a 2p coin.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...id=14761&stc=1

http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...id=14762&stc=1
Jeez! Not teeny weeny are they!
Old May 29th 2005, 10:19 am
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Must have cost you a fortune in resin. They are rather large aren't they. I used to have a very large Grey Huntsman living in the dining room in OZ. You could hear him rattling around at night. They were hard enough to require a sledghammer to kill 'em. They are quite harmless though ( just very very scary).

Weird using Wetas as a plectrum guard.

Regards
Old May 29th 2005, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

extrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really nice

[QUOTE=Sega Mad]Must have cost you a fortune in resin.

- Not as much as the neighbours cat did

They are rather large aren't they. I used to have a very large Grey Huntsman living in the dining room in OZ. You could hear him rattling around at night. They were hard enough to require a sledghammer to kill 'em. They are quite harmless though ( just very very scary).

Weird using Wetas as a plectrum guard.

- You should try using a weta as a plectrum.... crisp sound but jaggy