Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

National voters.....nice one!

National voters.....nice one!

Old Dec 16th 2011, 8:15 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: National voters.....nice one!

Why is it governments always sell assets when the prices are shit? Browns low with gold, Maggie with industry and Key with infrastructure?
Old Dec 16th 2011, 8:32 am
Banned

Triumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
You don't see the light C, JC has enlightened us all.
Bugger the kids, bugger the country, bugger the consequences, sell and ravage for short term gain......and apparently it's neither blinkered nor selfish! Halleluja
I see your pastime is motorcycle touring. This will be your wind powered motorcycle made from bamboo and straw? Running on roads made of wattle and daub?

Just imagine if the 7 billion people in the world filled their motorbikes with 20 litres every weekend just to tour. 20 * 7000000000 litres of oil. 140000000 cubic metres of oil every weekend just so people can 'tour'.

Or is it ok to pillage the land of its resources as long as it's 'not on my doorstep'?

By the way, politicians lie, it's what they do. Is a liar as bad as a hypocrite though?

Last edited by Triumph3; Dec 16th 2011 at 8:53 am.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 8:51 am

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Triumph3
I see your pastime is motorcycle touring. This will be your wind powered motorcycle then? Or is it ok to pillage the land of its resources as long as it's 'not on my doorstep'?
I love my motorcycle but I try not to be a hypocrite. Your 'do as I say not as I do' attitude is typical of the many lefty soap box preachers I come across.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 9:27 am
Banned

Triumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sheene
Sorry, I made a few revisions!
Old Dec 16th 2011, 10:12 am

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, I made a few revisions!
You will get away with it - most of New Zealand is asleep. Let's hope they wake up before it is too late.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 7:58 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

But environmentalism does not equate to using "old ways", it's about developing and using new technologies.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 8:06 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
But environmentalism does not equate to using "old ways", it's about developing and using new technologies.
OT - Where is your Christmas avatar BB?
Old Dec 16th 2011, 8:49 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
OT - Where is your Christmas avatar BB?
It's not Christmas.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 9:58 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
It's not Christmas.
Pretend.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
You don't see the light C, JC has enlightened us all.
Bugger the kids, bugger the country, bugger the consequences, sell and ravage for short term gain......and apparently it's neither blinkered nor selfish! Halleluja
Stop trying be smart arse. Because someone has a different point of view to you doesn't make it wrong.
Personally I find the tree hugger point of view just a alien to my own beliefs but rather than try to be childish and sarcastic
I will ask you put your case for alternatives and tell me why the resources shouldn't be used.
Back it up with hard facts and figures, number of actual jobs created, revenue raised, and what bennefits
there are to leaving the resources untouched
Old Dec 16th 2011, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

I see your pastime is motorcycle touring. This will be your wind powered motorcycle made from bamboo and straw? Running on roads made of wattle and daub?

Just imagine if the 7 billion people in the world filled their motorbikes with 20 litres every weekend just to tour. 20 * 7000000000 litres of oil. 140000000 cubic metres of oil every weekend just so people can 'tour'.

Or is it ok to pillage the land of its resources as long as it's 'not on my doorstep'?

By the way, politicians lie, it's what they do. Is a liar as bad as a hypocrite though?

Old Dec 16th 2011, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Stop trying be smart arse. Because someone has a different point of view to you doesn't make it wrong.
Personally I find the tree hugger point of view just a alien to my own beliefs but rather than try to be childish and sarcastic
I will ask you put your case for alternatives and tell me why the resources shouldn't be used.
Back it up with hard facts and figures, number of actual jobs created, revenue raised, and what bennefits
there are to leaving the resources untouched
Old Dec 17th 2011, 2:12 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Stop trying be smart arse....
I will ask you put your case for alternatives and tell me why the resources shouldn't be used.....Back it up with hard facts and figures, number of actual jobs created, revenue raised, and what bennefits there are to leaving the res
ources untouched
I'm not trying to be Col, but as we said before, we disagree, and I prefer humour to abuse.
There's plenty of concern from many sources, and I can't be bothered to hunt too deep, but wiser souls than me are questioning it.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10633968.
As for my pastimes, I don't pretend to be a greenie, and yes, maybe a nimby, but I chose to come to NZ rather than chasing the buck for reasons amongst which is the beauty of this place.