Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

National voters.....nice one!

National voters.....nice one!

Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:02 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: National voters.....nice one!

Originally Posted by Justcol
buts its still a saving of 7.5 million.
The only $x per person slant can be applied to anything. personally I can think
of a lot of better places I'd like to see my tax $$$ spent than funding DOC
gotta disagree with that, DOC is where that money needs to go rather than another 100 metres of some motorway.
just listen to the experts from academia who have told the government so.

or perhaps not....?
Old Dec 8th 2011, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I'll never put a pretty view in front of progress... I honestly dont care at all about the environment
It is just ther to be exploited in my opinion. Not everyone's view but we're all entitled to our own
Old Dec 8th 2011, 5:40 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I'll never put a pretty view in front of progress... I honestly dont care at all about the environment
It is just ther to be exploited in my opinion. Not everyone's view but we're all entitled to our own
Fair enough you're entitled to your own view. But it's a stupid view because the resources are finite. We have the means to invest in stuff that will continue to pay for generations to come and you want to just gain now with no regard for later. It's not about pretty views Col, you've misunderstood the whole point if that's what you think- it's about making sure we don't plunder NZ now for our own gain only to shaft our kids and grandkids.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

so are you saying we must go without so our kids or grandkids can plunder it all at a later date
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:12 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

so are you saying we must go without so our kids or grandkids can plunder it all at a later date
Oh yes, that's exactly what I mean.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

then I say sod em!!, let them find their own stuff to dig up
Old Dec 9th 2011, 8:04 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

The original point of this thread was politicians renaging on their promises, but Justcol, you've brought a wonderful blinkered, ignorant, selfish point of view into it.
There's plenty of people who remember slag heaps around the now defunct yorkshire collieries being greenified to hide the shame of a country stripped of national resources with little or no regard for the future.
Don't think we'll ever see eye to eye on this....
Old Dec 9th 2011, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

So we live in a country which has stripped of most of it's native forest already to make way for farming, pine forests, green grass, sheep and cows. Hardly the natural habitat that we're trying to protect here!!

I am not saying we should pillage the whole flipping planet, but it always makes me laugh that people in the developed world want to protest and step in to prevent others in the less exploited or developed countries who want to take similar opportunities for further development or 'progress'.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 5:46 pm
---

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I am not saying we should pillage the whole flipping planet, but it always makes me laugh that people in the developed world want to protest and step in to prevent others in the less exploited or developed countries who want to take similar opportunities for further development or 'progress'.
It's not as simple as that. Be neat if it was though.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
The original point of this thread was politicians renaging on their promises, but Justcol, you've brought a wonderful blinkered, ignorant, selfish point of view into it.
I don't think creating industry, jobs, revenue for god knows how many people is blinkered, ignorant or selfish.
What could be more selfish than to deny people these things because some bloody tree huggers don't like it?
I get sick of hearing the lets look at alternatives rubbish. I've been waiting a long time for these alternatives
to show up and there's still no sign of them. Its ok to be idealistic but back it up with something that will
be of some use to those who miss out on jobs.
As for the next generation legacy rubbish that constantly gets used as an argument, I have two sons and
I am happy happy with the legacy they have inherited.
Your right, we would never see eye to eye on this

Last edited by Justcol; Dec 9th 2011 at 6:51 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 9:13 pm

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

I have always maintained, that to base your economy on the exporting of a product which countries could quite easily produce themselves, is economic folly. Indonesia has announced today that it will only be importing half it's normal quantity of beef from Oz next year, with a view to becoming self sufficient soon after. When there is a global financial crisis, countries will look at where they can save money. NZ needs a back-up plan.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sheene
NZ needs a back-up plan.
Hmmmm...so as not to disturb the lovely view we could go back to sheep farming I suppose
Old Dec 16th 2011, 12:04 am

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmmm...so as not to disturb the lovely view we could go back to sheep farming I suppose
You have still got to find somewhere to plant them.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 12:13 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't we all just build more houses and sell them to each other for more than we paid to build them? VoilĂ , economy = solved!

Then we'll just leave our children with problems of overpriced real estate, expensive education and the burden of national debt owed to the Chinese.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 7:05 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

You don't see the light C, JC has enlightened us all.
Bugger the kids, bugger the country, bugger the consequences, sell and ravage for short term gain......and apparently it's neither blinkered nor selfish! Halleluja

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.