Naenae

Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

Harleychick will become famous soon enoughHarleychick will become famous soon enough
Default Naenae

Hi

Can anyone else tell me what Naenae is like or the suburbs around it? Would like to know further details?

Thanks
Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

shazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Naenae

Originally Posted by Harleychick
Hi

Can anyone else tell me what Naenae is like or the suburbs around it? Would like to know further details?

Thanks

Hi
This is a bit of brief generalisation, but I would classify Naenae as a low income area of Lower Hutt.
Shazza
Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Thanks
houses are cheap but thats cos its a poor area, some gang and drug problems, nothing like the UK but bad for here, some peeps at work like it there and the local school is really good, kids from other areas try to get in, i would look at either central hutt, mangeraki or petone,
Old Mar 1st 2006, 7:40 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Thanks
Naenae has a bit of a reputation, as it was originally 'state housing' (i.e. council houses.) Over the last few years has been 'bought into' by private investors, and the clever money says that house prices here will rocket in the next five years, as more and more houses are privately owned.

As far as 'gang warefare' is concerned, there was a gang related stabbing at the Naenae Olympic Swimming Pool a couple of weeks ago, but that sort of overt violence is a rarity. The local cops say that there 'are a few streets, away from the centre, which have a small criminal element'.

That's the negative side.

On the positive side, the people are very friendly. mainly Pacific Islander / Mauri, with a fair proportion of European Kiwis. Walk along the street and you get a friendly 'Good morning' from the people you pass. Mainly working class, with no 'side' to them. I like them.

There are good shops locally, the school kids are friendly, well mannered (in the main), and polite. Transport into Wellington for work is good on public transport (train), and local bus services into Lower Hutt (excellent shopping) run every 15 minutes during the day.

Hope this helps!