Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

My Xmas & NY break...

My Xmas & NY break...

Old Jan 5th 2010, 8:10 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Xmas & NY break...

Hey guys,
Thought I'd share my festive break with you guys...

Worked all around Xmas till 30th, just had Xmas day off n we went to Long Bay. Got sunburnt like never before!!

On NYE, we headed out to CHCH & what a beautiful place it is!! But man! The weather is even more unpredictable than in Auckland!! Unbelievable!

On NewYears day we went to Hanmer Spring, got fined $80 for speeding (110 on a 100K/hr rd)... The views are breathtaking! But the hot bath just stink!!!

On Jan 2nd, we went to Akaroa & swam with the Hector dolphins!!! As you get on the boat (once they took your moeny etc...), they now tell you you can not touch the dolphins!!! Spent 45' in the water & enjoyed doing silly things so they would come around me... It was out of this world!! Then we enjoyed the Frenchness of Akaroa...

Came back to Auckland on Sunday!!

Went to the ASB Classic on Monday - I love tennis, especially the women (And Nadal!!) funnily enough!

Off to Rotorua tomorrow morning with my cousin, then will drive back up through Tauranga & Coromandel on Friday...

Am loving my holiday!!!!
My Xmas & NY break...-dsc01784.jpg

My Xmas & NY break...-dsc01615.jpg

My Xmas & NY break...-dsc01785.jpg

My Xmas & NY break...-dsc01885.jpg

My Xmas & NY break...-dsc01906.jpg
Old Jan 5th 2010, 8:14 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Xmas & NY break...

And some more...

My Xmas & NY break...-dsc01973.jpg

My Xmas & NY break...-dsc01922.jpg

My Xmas & NY break...-dsc01933.jpg

My Xmas & NY break...-dsc01929.jpg

My Xmas & NY break...-dsc01932.jpg
Old Jan 5th 2010, 8:22 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ....missed you!!
Lovely pics, looks/sounds like you're having a good break and getting to see some beautiful places......enjoy!
B x
Old Jan 5th 2010, 8:33 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Hey ! Forgot you were on your jollydays.

Great pics Matewx. Really happy for you that you got to swim with the dolphins..

and........ the hot pools are s'posed to be a bit stinky.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

I'd noticed you were missing for a few days. Strange....the forum seemed quiet without you . Good to see that you're all good.

Glad you've had a good holiday, sounds like brilliant fun.

Enjoy yourself in Rotorua....such a pity I've got to be at work or else I'd have tried to twist your arm into a bit of luge racing

Nice photos btw
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:42 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Bonjour mon ami

Pics are fantastic sounds like you are having a great break
enjoy the time you have left will soon go by

Cant wait to swim with dolphins, always wanted to that shame you cant touch them though

Good to "see" you back

Dewb x
Old Jan 7th 2010, 3:44 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matewx View Post
Hey guys,

Worked all around Xmas till 30th, just had Xmas day off n we went to Long Bay. Got sunburnt like never before!!

On NYE, we headed out to CHCH & what a beautiful place it is!! But man! The weather is even more unpredictable than in Auckland!! Unbelievable!

On NewYears day we went to Hanmer Spring, got fined $80 for speeding (110 on a 100K/hr rd)... The views are breathtaking! But the hot bath just stink!!!

On Jan 2nd, we went to Akaroa & swam with the Hector dolphins!!! As you get on the boat (once they took your moeny etc...), they now tell you you can not touch the dolphins!!! Spent 45' in the water & enjoyed doing silly things so they would come around me... It was out of this world!! Then we enjoyed the Frenchness of Akaroa...

Went to the ASB Classic on Monday - I love tennis, especially the women (And Nadal!!) funnily enough!

Off to Rotorua tomorrow morning with my cousin, then will drive back up through Tauranga & Coromandel on Friday...

Am loving my holiday!!!!
Attachment 88833

Attachment 88832

Attachment 88834

Attachment 88835

Attachment 88836
Thought you meant New york break got all exited then I thought damn!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 3:49 am

Ny New years Eve Break in Napier!!! Love the place! My Xmas & NY break...-l_2808b336b81d49048d43a53610707418%5B1%5D.jpg

My Xmas & NY break...-l_ed1e97da4d044f6a8b66da1e5a8d52dd%5B1%5D.jpg

My Xmas & NY break...-dscf0318.jpg
Old Jan 7th 2010, 3:53 am

more and christmas Day in my garden with daughters ...
Attached Thumbnails My Xmas & NY break...-img_8653.jpg   My Xmas & NY break...-img_8658.jpg   My Xmas & NY break...-l_f2d5f6ba5a97461db8327395c52ed347%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:56 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Some lovely photos you two.

Glad you're seeing some of Aotearoa Matewx.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

It is a shame you can't touch dolphins. The same in Oz. We had to use hand sanitizer before we touched the fish that touched them - wonder if they get high on it like the NZ prisoners. Awesome to swim with wildlife though
Old Jan 7th 2010, 6:37 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Matewx View Post
Hey guys,

Am loving my holiday!!!!
Attachment 88833

Attachment 88832

Attachment 88834

Attachment 88835

Attachment 88836

WOW

so now know what its all about!!!!!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

So u came to ChCh and didnt visit, I feel snubbed and i voted for u

Neil
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:28 am
Live from CHCH...

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil View Post
So u came to ChCh and didnt visit, I feel snubbed and i voted for u

Neil
I looked at all the bikers but did not recognize you...
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:28 am
Live from CHCH...

Originally Posted by Am Loolah View Post
Some lovely photos you two.

Glad you're seeing some of Aotearoa Matewx.
I drove through Tauranga today from Rotorua to Coromandel... And I saw Papamoa beach on the map... Thought of you!!!