British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   My Xmas & NY break... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/my-xmas-ny-break-647590/)

Matewx Jan 5th 2010 8:10 pm

My Xmas & NY break...

5 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,
Thought I'd share my festive break with you guys...

Worked all around Xmas till 30th, just had Xmas day off n we went to Long Bay. Got sunburnt like never before!!

On NYE, we headed out to CHCH & what a beautiful place it is!! But man! The weather is even more unpredictable than in Auckland!! Unbelievable!

On NewYears day we went to Hanmer Spring, got fined $80 for speeding (110 on a 100K/hr rd)... The views are breathtaking! But the hot bath just stink!!! :thumbdown:

On Jan 2nd, we went to Akaroa & swam with the Hector dolphins!!! As you get on the boat (once they took your moeny etc...), they now tell you you can not touch the dolphins!!! :sneaky: Spent 45' in the water & enjoyed doing silly things so they would come around me... It was out of this world!! Then we enjoyed the Frenchness of Akaroa...

Came back to Auckland on Sunday!! :thumbdown:

Went to the ASB Classic on Monday - I love tennis, especially the women (And Nadal!!) funnily enough!

Off to Rotorua tomorrow morning with my cousin, then will drive back up through Tauranga & Coromandel on Friday...

Am loving my holiday!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Attachment 88833

Attachment 88832

Attachment 88834

Attachment 88835

Attachment 88836

Matewx Jan 5th 2010 8:14 pm

Re: My Xmas & NY break...

5 Attachment(s)
And some more...

Attachment 88841

Attachment 88838

Attachment 88840

Attachment 88837

Attachment 88839

MnB Jan 5th 2010 8:22 pm

Hi ....missed you!!
Lovely pics, looks/sounds like you're having a good break and getting to see some beautiful places......enjoy!
:lol:B x

BEVS Jan 5th 2010 8:33 pm

Hey ! Forgot you were on your jollydays.

Great pics Matewx. Really happy for you that you got to swim with the dolphins.:thumbsup:.

and........ the hot pools are s'posed to be a bit stinky.

Tomsk Jan 6th 2010 5:59 am

I'd noticed you were missing for a few days. Strange....the forum seemed quiet without you :rofl:. Good to see that you're all good.

Glad you've had a good holiday, sounds like brilliant fun.

Enjoy yourself in Rotorua....such a pity I've got to be at work or else I'd have tried to twist your arm into a bit of luge racing ;)

Nice photos btw :thumbup:

Dewb09 Jan 6th 2010 6:42 am

Bonjour mon ami ;)

Pics are fantastic :thumbsup: sounds like you are having a great break
enjoy the time you have left will soon go by :thumbdown:

Cant wait to swim with dolphins, always wanted to that :fingerscrossed: shame you cant touch them though :thumbdown:

Good to "see" you back

Dewb x

love30stm Jan 7th 2010 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Matewx (Post 8220952)
Hey guys,

Worked all around Xmas till 30th, just had Xmas day off n we went to Long Bay. Got sunburnt like never before!!

On NYE, we headed out to CHCH & what a beautiful place it is!! But man! The weather is even more unpredictable than in Auckland!! Unbelievable!

On NewYears day we went to Hanmer Spring, got fined $80 for speeding (110 on a 100K/hr rd)... The views are breathtaking! But the hot bath just stink!!! :thumbdown:

On Jan 2nd, we went to Akaroa & swam with the Hector dolphins!!! As you get on the boat (once they took your moeny etc...), they now tell you you can not touch the dolphins!!! :sneaky: Spent 45' in the water & enjoyed doing silly things so they would come around me... It was out of this world!! Then we enjoyed the Frenchness of Akaroa...

Went to the ASB Classic on Monday - I love tennis, especially the women (And Nadal!!) funnily enough!

Off to Rotorua tomorrow morning with my cousin, then will drive back up through Tauranga & Coromandel on Friday...

Attachment 88833

Attachment 88832

Attachment 88834

Attachment 88835

Attachment 88836

Thought you meant New york break got all exited then I thought damn! :rofl:

love30stm Jan 7th 2010 3:49 am

3 Attachment(s)
Ny New years Eve Break in Napier!!! Love the place! :thumbup:Attachment 88891

Attachment 88892

Attachment 88893

love30stm Jan 7th 2010 3:53 am

3 Attachment(s)
more and christmas Day in my garden with daughters ...:D

Am Loolah Jan 7th 2010 4:56 am

Some lovely photos you two.:thumbsup:

Glad you're seeing some of Aotearoa Matewx.:wub:

kiwinow Jan 7th 2010 6:15 am

It is a shame you can't touch dolphins. The same in Oz. We had to use hand sanitizer before we touched the fish that touched them - wonder if they get high on it like the NZ prisoners. Awesome to swim with wildlife though

willand tina_h Jan 7th 2010 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Matewx (Post 8220952)
Hey guys,

Attachment 88833

Attachment 88832

Attachment 88834

Attachment 88835

Attachment 88836

WOW :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

so now know what its all about!!!!!

Jan n Neil Jan 7th 2010 7:47 pm

So u came to ChCh and didnt visit, I feel snubbed and i voted for u :(

Neil

Matewx Jan 8th 2010 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil (Post 8226986)
So u came to ChCh and didnt visit, I feel snubbed and i voted for u :(

Neil

I looked at all the bikers but did not recognize you... ;)

Matewx Jan 8th 2010 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 8225169)
Some lovely photos you two.:thumbsup:

Glad you're seeing some of Aotearoa Matewx.:wub:

I drove through Tauranga today from Rotorua to Coromandel... And I saw Papamoa beach on the map... Thought of you!!! :wub: