My poor pants

Old Dec 13th 2006, 6:12 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My poor pants

I am crapping myself.

We had our medicals 8th September, lodged the ITA 1st November.

So if they dont pull their fingers out within the next month... our medicals are no longer valid are they?

:scared:

that'll be another flippin £600..... my arse!!!!

grrrrr
Old Dec 13th 2006, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My poor pants

Wouldn't panic to much we read it as medicals could not be more than three months old when your ita was submitted and in our case we submitted our ita in June this year and received our approval in principal in October no new medicals required
Old Dec 13th 2006, 7:14 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh i read that too - shouldnt be older than 3 months when submitting. however it also says on the immigration site (when you log in) 'if it expires we will ask you to produce new medical certificates'.

your account is reassuring though... guess we'll see how it goes!
Old Dec 14th 2006, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dreamfish
yeh i read that too - shouldnt be older than 3 months when submitting. however it also says on the immigration site (when you log in) 'if it expires we will ask you to produce new medical certificates'.

your account is reassuring though... guess we'll see how it goes!
No worries!
I am sure of that from my experience!
We put in out ITA in March and if you remember FINALLY got medical approval l end October!
It says that about expires on the web site but we did not have an issue!
Good luck to you! Please let me know as soon as you hear!
Dawn
xxx
Old Dec 15th 2006, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

JoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Frenchy
No worries!
I am sure of that from my experience!
We put in out ITA in March and if you remember FINALLY got medical approval l end October!
It says that about expires on the web site but we did not have an issue!
Good luck to you! Please let me know as soon as you hear!
Dawn
xxx
Any idea about what the equivelant of the NHS is like in NZ ?-we currently live in a rural UK community with low demands and a very handy walk to medical centre for Grandad and the kids..Tnx
Old Dec 15th 2006, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JoanMC
Any idea about what the equivelant of the NHS is like in NZ ?-we currently live in a rural UK community with low demands and a very handy walk to medical centre for Grandad and the kids..Tnx
I work for the NHS in Uk and will work for District Heath Bord in NZ.
In NZ the local medical centres are private but not over expensive as a result of fees it seems you get a comprehensive GP assessment. Also surgeries are plagued with less time wasters.
Local acute services are free to residents.

From what I saw on our reccie and what I have been told heath services are very good.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoanMC
I work for a district health board and used to work for the NHS - from a work / bureaucracy point of view not much different - from a patient point of view quite a bit of difference.
Lots of surgeries around, so generally easy access. (not sure about rural areas). You pay to see the GP - different fees for different GP's so worth checking before registering, different fees for different circumstances - some places under 6's free, reduced fees if you have community services card (on a low income), reduced fees if over 45 and also if over 65. However as previously mentioned it does seem to get you a better service - prompt appointments, longer consultation time etc etc.
Surgeries have all the usual resources attached - nurses / immunisations / health checks / some will do minor surgeries. Most have an arrangement with a pharmacy close by for ease of filling scripts etc.

You pay for prescriptions and medications, again this can be reduced if you have a community services card.

Hospital services are generally free, you pay if you call an ambulance.

There is no NHS type dentistry - it is all pay as you use - but again excellent service.

so all in all, be prepared to pay but you should get a good service.
Vicki
Old Dec 19th 2006, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

JoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Joshlin
I work for a district health board and used to work for the NHS - from a work / bureaucracy point of view not much different - from a patient point of view quite a bit of difference.
Lots of surgeries around, so generally easy access. (not sure about rural areas). You pay to see the GP - different fees for different GP's so worth checking before registering, different fees for different circumstances - some places under 6's free, reduced fees if you have community services card (on a low income), reduced fees if over 45 and also if over 65. However as previously mentioned it does seem to get you a better service - prompt appointments, longer consultation time etc etc.
Surgeries have all the usual resources attached - nurses / immunisations / health checks / some will do minor surgeries. Most have an arrangement with a pharmacy close by for ease of filling scripts etc.

You pay for prescriptions and medications, again this can be reduced if you have a community services card.

Hospital services are generally free, you pay if you call an ambulance.

There is no NHS type dentistry - it is all pay as you use - but again excellent service.

so all in all, be prepared to pay but you should get a good service.
Vicki
Many thanks for the info', really helpful...