Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

My daughter is coming home!

My daughter is coming home!

Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of
Default Re: My daughter is coming home!

Simone is very excited, she'll have her twin sister with her again. Kerry........hopefully your daughter will change her mind at some point, it's taken Kylie nearly 2 years to realise where she's better off, with her mummy! I'm still bouncing!!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Winnie
Simone is very excited, she'll have her twin sister with her again. Kerry........ it's taken Kylie nearly 2 years to realise where she's better off, with her mummy! I'm still bouncing!!
Great news! I can understand your excitement.
We'll be arriving in NZ without our son and won't know for 2 yrs (when he finishes uni) whether he'll join us or take a job in uk. I'm not looking forward to being so far away from him.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Kerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to all

It took a while but it was worth waiting for, you can only let them get on with their lives and try not to interfere and just be there for them when they need you.

I think the less pressure you put on them, the better, it obviously paid off for you Winnie. I just hope the same goes for Kayleigh, I live in hope

Helinuk, technology is great these days and it really helps that you can keep in touch via webcam, email and telephone. Its not quite the same but its nothing like years ago when it would cost a small fortune to make a few minutes call to the other side of the world and there was no internet. Good luck with your son and I hope all turns out well when he finishes his studies.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

fantastic news winnie
Old Aug 21st 2007, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kerry W
Helinuk, technology is great these days and it really helps that you can keep in touch via webcam, email and telephone. Its not quite the same but its nothing like years ago when it would cost a small fortune to make a few minutes call to the other side of the world and there was no internet. Good luck with your son and I hope all turns out well when he finishes his studies.
thanks Kerry. Son is computer geek doing 3D and annimation at uni so he'll sort us out with all the internet stuff. He's coming to NZ in Feb for 2 weeks to validate his visa.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

I've not been on here in a while but I got some great news this morning that I've just got to share with everyone. My daughter is coming to NZ to join us! She changed her mind originally at the last minute and decided to stay in the UK as she was in love (yuk). Now she's split up with him and wants to be with her mummy. I haven't seen her for over a year so you can imagine how excited I am about it. I can't sit still! Roll on september!
Congrats mate.

We dont know if our eldest is coming or not and the thought of leaving her behind because of some young love stuff drives me mad but we all remember what its like to be 18

Hope she loves it as much as you do and settles well.

Keep bouncing girl
Old Aug 21st 2007, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Kerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to all

Originally Posted by helinuk
thanks Kerry. Son is computer geek doing 3D and annimation at uni so he'll sort us out with all the internet stuff. He's coming to NZ in Feb for 2 weeks to validate his visa.
Hey, maybe he could apply for a job in Peter Jackson's studios, he's just round the corner from us. You never know.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kerry W
Hey, maybe he could apply for a job in Peter Jackson's studios, he's just round the corner from us. You never know.
A dream job indeed, and daughter is hoping to go to Toi Whakari drama school in Wellington too.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Bint has a spectacular aura aboutBint has a spectacular aura aboutBint has a spectacular aura about

I've not been on here in a while but I got some great news this morning that I've just got to share with everyone. My daughter is coming to NZ to join us! She changed her mind originally at the last minute and decided to stay in the UK as she was in love (yuk). Now she's split up with him and wants to be with her mummy. I haven't seen her for over a year so you can imagine how excited I am about it. I can't sit still! Roll on september!
Fantastic. I know some of what you were going through. My daughter Beck came with us aged 20 but my son who is nearly 22 decided to remain in the UK and is about to embark on a four year computer security course at Nottingham Uni. We have only been here since the beginning of July but the waves of missing him are awful. I too, hope my son will eventually join us over here. He will have a great skill to bring to the country. As a loving parent, the worst part is simply not being able to give them a hug. However, I say to myself, he is his own man now and that I have to let him make his own decisions in life. He told me via msn that he was missing me yesterday and I almost choked with emotion. No one can ever tell you how it feels until they have been there eh!

So a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS.

Babs.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone. I booked the flight for her last night, she'll be landing on the 13th Sept, 3 weeks tomorrow! I haven't been able to sleep properly, and I've so much energy the house will be sparkling like brand new soon! My boss has let me takes days off so I can get her settled in ok, so everything is sorted.
Helinuk........2 years isn't too bad, it'll be nearly that when my daughter arrives. It has gone really quickly and we spoke regularly. I didn't really see the kids when we lived in the UK, they were always out! But the time has flown.
Kato........Its terrible thinking that they might stay behind because they (think) they are in love with some guy. But however hard it is they make their own decisions, and trying to persuade them otherwise usually pushes them the opposite way. I hope she does come with you, but if not tell her that you miss her all the time and love her terribly. She'll make her own mind up and hopefully will make the right choice.
Bint........... Again, we have to let them make their own decisions, and your son as at least stayed for a very good one. Although I miss my daughter terribly, the 'waves' got less and I accepted her decision. The not hugging is the worst part though. When she visited last July I couldn't put her down for days, she had to keep asking to come up for air! I reckon it'll be the same again.
So, back to bouncing...................3 weeks tomorrow, yippeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

A bet 3 weeks can't get here quick enough for you hun. Jamie got your txt.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

It certainly can't........I have her bedroom all sorted and ready for her! She wanted me to make sure Jamie knew she was coming You not at work today?
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

It certainly can't........I have her bedroom all sorted and ready for her! She wanted me to make sure Jamie knew she was coming You not at work today?
Jamie just smiled and didn't say owt to me - but that's Jamie.
I'm on a late, 4th late in a row. Not complaning, cos the next off duty I've got all the same days off as Paul & it looks as if it's not going to be a problem in the future.
Very quiet for a ward - it's great, very laid back, not like the hospital back in UK. Everyone is nice & friendly here, not like Welly. Another 2 nurses that have been on that ward a long time have left & also started at Kene.
Are you off or on a late?
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm off today, back in tomorrow. Good to hear you're enjoying your new job, it makes all the difference. Let Jamie know that Kylie's arriving on the 13th and that he's welcome to call up anytime, I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of him!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm off today, back in tomorrow. Good to hear you're enjoying your new job, it makes all the difference. Let Jamie know that Kylie's arriving on the 13th and that he's welcome to call up anytime, I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of him!
It's so exciting!!!!