Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

My countdown begins...

My countdown begins...

Old Jun 14th 2005, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Betty will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up My countdown begins...

Well I've not posted on here for ages, or been a member very long but just to share my news. My visa is done, my ticket is paid for and I've got 6 weeks til I go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

I can't wait!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My countdown begins...

Originally Posted by Betty
Well I've not posted on here for ages, or been a member very long but just to share my news. My visa is done, my ticket is paid for and I've got 6 weeks til I go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

I can't wait!
Well done Betty

Got any room in your bags??

Good Luck

Regards
Old Jun 14th 2005, 4:38 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've not posted on here for ages, or been a member very long but just to share my news. My visa is done, my ticket is paid for and I've got 6 weeks til I go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared: :
I can't wait!
Congrats Betty.....you must be so excited!!!!!!!!!!

Where are you heading for in Auckland.....have you got family going with you....have you got a job to go to.....
Old Jun 14th 2005, 5:31 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Hello Betty

Congrats from me too, I'm new here so don't know your story, what will you do over there and are you going alone?

I've been trawling through the old postings (got RSI in my wrist now ha ha), and there are some really good threads here. Well done to everyone, it makes good reading! I was looking for the NZ Scary Story to read (as recommended by Phyllis), and whilst scouting through 21 pages to find it.....I have made notes of other threads to go back to.....looks like I'm sorted for the next few nights while OH is on night shift!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:00 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparkle2nite
Hello Betty

Congrats from me too, I'm new here so don't know your story, what will you do over there and are you going alone?

I've been trawling through the old postings (got RSI in my wrist now ha ha), and there are some really good threads here. Well done to everyone, it makes good reading! I was looking for the NZ Scary Story to read (as recommended by Phyllis), and whilst scouting through 21 pages to find it.....I have made notes of other threads to go back to.....looks like I'm sorted for the next few nights while OH is on night shift!
Well why didn't you shout and some kind helpful soul would've posted you the link...bit like this!!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279206

Better late than never and it might save anyone else who wants to read it getting RSI in the process!!!

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Jun 14th 2005 at 6:13 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:39 am
Just Joined

In response to all the questions...

I am going on a partnership visa as my boyfriend is a Kiwi. He is in NZ already as his UK visa expired and after much stress I have managed to get my visa and in 6 short weeks I'm be off. So although I'm not going alone in some ways, I am in others as I'm leaving my family (sister) here in the UK. I've gone through this entire process on my own and its been really stressful as we've been trying to get it done in a hurry, but its over now and I'm none the worse for it!

I don't have a job to go to at the moment, but the visa I have got will allow me to find work as soon as I get to NZ. (although I plan to have a week or two off to just relax)

We will be staying in the South Auckland area but there are plans to move closer to Auckland within the next month or so.

I was introduced to this site by my cousin, who used it when she went over to Australia, and as I had no clue about where to start or what visa to get (and the NZ immigration website didn't help either) I put a posting on here, got several ideas and good advice and things just went from there.

So all that's left for me to do now is finish work, pack up my flat and get on that plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:06 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

In response to all the questions...

I am going on a partnership visa as my boyfriend is a Kiwi. He is in NZ already as his UK visa expired and after much stress I have managed to get my visa and in 6 short weeks I'm be off. So although I'm not going alone in some ways, I am in others as I'm leaving my family (sister) here in the UK. I've gone through this entire process on my own and its been really stressful as we've been trying to get it done in a hurry, but its over now and I'm none the worse for it!

I don't have a job to go to at the moment, but the visa I have got will allow me to find work as soon as I get to NZ. (although I plan to have a week or two off to just relax)

We will be staying in the South Auckland area but there are plans to move closer to Auckland within the next month or so.

I was introduced to this site by my cousin, who used it when she went over to Australia, and as I had no clue about where to start or what visa to get (and the NZ immigration website didn't help either) I put a posting on here, got several ideas and good advice and things just went from there.

So all that's left for me to do now is finish work, pack up my flat and get on that plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

Hi Betty

You just might be able to help a friend of mine First off - had you lived the statutory 12 months with your fella? My friend is engaged to her Kiwi but they have had a long distance relationship and have never actually lived together. She's been told (not officially) that there is a way for her to get over through being engaged by a Kiwi but is waiting until he comes over to Dublin in July to approach NZIS. She's panicking a bit now and dreading the thoughts of him going back to NZ after his holiday. Can you give me any info to pass on to her? PM me if you prefer.

Cheers

Norah
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Batty
Hi Betty

You just might be able to help a friend of mine First off - had you lived the statutory 12 months with your fella? My friend is engaged to her Kiwi but they have had a long distance relationship and have never actually lived together. She's been told (not officially) that there is a way for her to get over through being engaged by a Kiwi but is waiting until he comes over to Dublin in July to approach NZIS. She's panicking a bit now and dreading the thoughts of him going back to NZ after his holiday. Can you give me any info to pass on to her? PM me if you prefer.

Cheers

Norah
Hi Norah,

Sorry, I don't kow how to PM you.....! heehee...

Its not easy getting the visa, but it is possible. We did not live together for the full 12 months, but as we'd been together for 12 months + we were able to apply through the partnership policy.

The main thing is that you have to prove you have been in a stable relationship so she must keep records of all phone calls, e-mails and anything else they have done together. I had boarding passes from a trip to Venice, my itinerary from my trip out to NZ and loads of photo's of us together. My advice would be to start collecting evidence now as they will have to have loads of it if they have not lived together. We at least had bank statements to the same address for some of the time we did live together and the rest was to back up the time not covered by bank statements.

If you know how, PM me and I'll give you all the help I can.

B
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:48 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Betty, I've sent you a pm - look up in the top right hand corner under where it says WELCOME BETTY and you'll see private messages - just click on that. Thanks.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Batty
Betty, I've sent you a pm - look up in the top right hand corner under where it says WELCOME BETTY and you'll see private messages - just click on that. Thanks.

hehehehehe... thanks. I've got it!