My Apologies

Old Apr 17th 2007, 7:46 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold
Red face My Apologies

Dear All,
feel I need to make an apology as when I excitedly joined this site back in Feb, after Amloolah recommended it to me, (we met through a mutual friend,) I just got stuck in to replying to posts, answering P.m's that were sent to me and just enjoying reading all the posts on just about everything. Well I can honestly say that only tonight I have just realised the re was this introduction thread where I should have first introduced myself. I feel very rude that I did not do this formal intro thing, so again my apologies.
So my introduction, I am married to Tim, Class 1 Trucker, and we have 2 children Gem 14, and Sam (boy) 13. We started researching things back in September, and tried applying directly to companies for a job. OH has masses of experience driving everything so the comopanies seemed intrested but when we mentioned coming over for a visit this easter they just said drop in when you come over. Well since joining this site we got put in contact with a recruitment company that will get OH a job with an accredited employer and it would save us a heck of alot of money doing it this way. They have been great , giving us lots of regular emails, letting us know whats going on, but no job offer yet. They looked at companies in Napier Area, and again all companies very intrested in Tim, but no vacancies for Aug/Sept when we are planning to get to N.z . They are now looking at Northland for us and feel confident a job offer is close, but until it comes, we just play a daily waiting game. We have sold our house and have to move out in about 6 weeks, meaning we have to go live with my mum and dad until we go to NZ, not ideal but it will save us alot of money on mortgage or rent for a couple of months. Have sent police checks off, but cancelled medicals until the job offer comes.
Feeling very down about it, all of a sudden this evening, go through the feelings of, oh my god, what if i really don't like it, what if children are unhappy, what if I just can't get over the homesickness, all things the we have discussed as a family and have agreed we will be able to support each other, but i still worry bout it, but this feeling will pass I'm sure and the excitement will return.
Sorry to go on a bit, just had to get it all out,
Best wishes Marika
Old Apr 17th 2007, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future
Default Re: My Apologies

Hi Marika,
Best of luck with everything. You guys really are at the start of your journey. I hope that your job offer comes through quickly. I am sure that your reservations are only natural and that once you get going you will start to feel better again about things. We got selected at the end of February from the pool, and I got a bit wobbley, worrying about whether it really was the right thing, and then we found out that we were not to be offered an ITA after all.This firmly put back into perspective my wobbley moment, when I thought that perhaps we may not be able to go at all. (We are now actually definitely still going). But, what I am trying to say is, that I am sure that it is only a natural reaction to have doubts, and I'm sure most people go through it. You'll be fine! Just keep thinking about what a great adventure you are embarking on and wouldn't it be a shame to be wondering what if, if you were not to go ahead.
Hang on in there! Perhaps we'll see you in Welly! Best Wishes, Leighlou.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 8:56 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Hey we all go through the ups and downs. Even us well hard blokes

I think it wouldnt be natural if we didnt. Afterall its one helava thing to do. Keep the faith and all will be well

Karma on its way.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:21 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Jack and Leighlou,
its great to hear from peoplewishing you well, it does lift your spirits. Good luck with all your plans too Leighlou, you're right if we don't do it, we'll never forgive ourselves.
Will let you know as soon as job offer comes.
Marika
Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:22 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marika 38
its great to hear from peoplewishing you well, it does lift your spirits. Good luck with all your plans too Leighlou, you're right if we don't do it, we'll never forgive ourselves.
Marika
Your welcome
Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Marika
Keep us posted! Best Wishes, Leighlou.x
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:47 pm
The Levy's are coming!!!!

Sal41 will become famous soon enoughSal41 will become famous soon enough

Dear All,
feel I need to make an apology as when I excitedly joined this site back in Feb, after Amloolah recommended it to me, (we met through a mutual friend,) I just got stuck in to replying to posts, answering P.m's that were sent to me and just enjoying reading all the posts on just about everything. Well I can honestly say that only tonight I have just realised the re was this introduction thread where I should have first introduced myself. I feel very rude that I did not do this formal intro thing, so again my apologies.
So my introduction, I am married to Tim, Class 1 Trucker, and we have 2 children Gem 14, and Sam (boy) 13. We started researching things back in September, and tried applying directly to companies for a job. OH has masses of experience driving everything so the comopanies seemed intrested but when we mentioned coming over for a visit this easter they just said drop in when you come over. Well since joining this site we got put in contact with a recruitment company that will get OH a job with an accredited employer and it would save us a heck of alot of money doing it this way. They have been great , giving us lots of regular emails, letting us know whats going on, but no job offer yet. They looked at companies in Napier Area, and again all companies very intrested in Tim, but no vacancies for Aug/Sept when we are planning to get to N.z . They are now looking at Northland for us and feel confident a job offer is close, but until it comes, we just play a daily waiting game. We have sold our house and have to move out in about 6 weeks, meaning we have to go live with my mum and dad until we go to NZ, not ideal but it will save us alot of money on mortgage or rent for a couple of months. Have sent police checks off, but cancelled medicals until the job offer comes.
Feeling very down about it, all of a sudden this evening, go through the feelings of, oh my god, what if i really don't like it, what if children are unhappy, what if I just can't get over the homesickness, all things the we have discussed as a family and have agreed we will be able to support each other, but i still worry bout it, but this feeling will pass I'm sure and the excitement will return.
Sorry to go on a bit, just had to get it all out,
Best wishes Marika

Hey Marika

You have voiced exaclty the same fears as me with regards the kids and the what ifs, I still have really wobbly moments, we have sold our house and about to move into a much smaller rented house, our boys (13 & 15) are having to share a bedroom something they haven't done for about 10 years, then we have the fact that they have been members of the rugby club along with our daughter and they have all played from the age of 4 so they have made loads of good friends there so we're taking them from that, I think the way to look at it is to focus on what we're going too not what we're going from!! easier said than done though !!!

positive vibes are being sent to you

loadsa luv
Sal