Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A Must-See. The Mikado, Centrestage, Orewa

A Must-See. The Mikado, Centrestage, Orewa

Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool A Must-See. The Mikado, Centrestage, Orewa

The Gilbert & Sullivan (not to be confused with Gilbert O'Sullivan ) classic is on at Centrestage Theatre Orewa until the 18th June. It's done in the traditional style, so the audience stands up to sing the National Anthem(GB) at the beginning of the show.

The Principals are very talented. Devin Aston as Nanki-Poo & Tom Coup as Ko-Ko are both very funny & have wonderful voices. Dee Gibson as Katisha is very scary. Nikki Kent as Yum-Yum is wonderfully coquettish.

The costumes are beautiful, you'll probably know some of the songs, "Three little maids from school are we", "I've got a little list".

It's a very light-hearted show. I can't claim any credit for anything on this show as I've not been needed for crewing, mics or props . However, I shall be on tea duty & ushering at this weekends' shows, so it would be lovely to see some of you there. I'm the fat, blonde with the Lanky accent

Tickets are available from Centrestage Theatre Box Office between 10am & 2pm or by ringing the theatre between these times on (09) 426 7282 or you can get them online from http://www.iticket.co.nz
Old Jun 14th 2011, 12:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Must-See. The Mikado, Centrestage, Orewa

Only five shows to go. You'll be sorry you missed it