Mushy peas!!!!

Old Feb 8th 2006, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of
Default Mushy peas!!!!

Does anybody know where I can buy dried marrowfat mushy peas, pleeeaasssseeeeeeeee!!!!!

I've seen the small cans of mushy peas but at over $3 each I won't be buying them, besides they don't taste the same. I have such a craving for pie and peas...........can anyone help???????
Old Feb 8th 2006, 8:56 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mushy peas!!!!

Now you've gone and got me craving them too

I only know that the british food shops stock them but I've not seen them in the normal supermarkets unfortunately
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

My Mum buys a dried peas from New World. She calls them blue peas. Not sure of the actual name but will ask her and get back to you.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:38 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Praying they will be mushy peas and I can find them in our NW now
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by annaerb
My Mum buys a dried peas from New World. She calls them blue peas. Not sure of the actual name but will ask her and get back to you.

Thanks for that, pie and pea supper very soon hopefully!

Sorry to start your craving Sky, where's the british shops?
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:29 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You could try this link.

http://www.theenglishcornershop.co.nz/products.htm

Not sure if it will have what you are after and at a reasonable price. Worth a try.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Winnie
Thanks for that, pie and pea supper very soon hopefully!

Sorry to start your craving Sky, where's the british shops?
Try Cool Britannia in Taranaki Street www.coolbritannia.co.nz tel 04 802 1070
Old Feb 9th 2006, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
Try Cool Britannia in Taranaki Street www.coolbritannia.co.nz tel 04 802 1070
Wow, thanks for that, shall be there tomorrow. Quess what we're having for tea tomorrow?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Wow, thanks for that, shall be there tomorrow. Quess what we're having for tea tomorrow?

Have you bought a bacon hock - dead cheap from most supermarkets - and made pea and ham soup - split peas, not marrowfat - another taste to take you back...
Old Feb 9th 2006, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Have you bought a bacon hock - dead cheap from most supermarkets - and made pea and ham soup - split peas, not marrowfat - another taste to take you back...
Oh I love pea and ham soup!! Got any good recipes??

Sarah
Old Feb 9th 2006, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SarahB
Oh I love pea and ham soup!! Got any good recipes??

Sarah
Just found this one on the net:
http://www.waitrose.com/food_drink/r...412073-r01.asp

Enjoy!
Old Feb 9th 2006, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy!
Thats a nice easy recipe....thanks!!! I used to buy it in tins from Tescos but cant remember which make it was.... might have even been Tescos own.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Enjoy!
Try this one ... from Annabelle White's "Best Recipes" - great kiwi recipes - this uses the whole hock, so gives an incredible flavour and texture ;

Put 2 cups split peas, 8 cups water, 2 bay leaves and whole bacon hock in stock pot and cook gently for 2-3hours. Add more water if it looks dry.

Peel and chop 4 carrots and 2 onions and put in a food processor - chop into fine dice. Put into stock pot and cook for a further hour - add black pepper to taste.

Remove bacon hock and strip meat from bone - put meat back into pot with loads of chopped parsley - taste and salt, if required. Be careful - bacon hock is salty to start with - never add salt to dried peas/beans to start with, otherwise they don't cook down.

Using the whole bacon hock makes a huge difference. You need a really large, proper stock pot.

Anyone up for trying mussel chowder - green-lipped mussels are cheap as chips here!!
Old Feb 9th 2006, 8:23 am
sky
Banned

Anyone up for trying mussel chowder - green-lipped mussels are cheap as chips here!!
Just the look of them puts me off
Old Feb 9th 2006, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sky
Just the look of them puts me off

I know.... !! In this recipe, they are whizzed up in a blender, so it's easy on the eye, but you get a wonderful, seaside flavour and all that zinc and minerals - all for around $3 a kilo!

Mussel - or tuatua - fritters are the same - great for the barbecue!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.