Mums with bubs?

Old Jan 8th 2007, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Mums with bubs?

Originally Posted by Maz
Um... no, for anyone to eat during an interview is not a good thing. But nursing a child is still best for the child. Bad decision on the mother's part. Did she get the job?
Ummm no!!!
don't get me wrong I'm not against breast feeding and I have seen people doing it disretely with blankets and thats fine, but wouldn't you be more comfortable sitting on a sofa in a quiet designated room than on a hard wooden bench in the middle of a busy thoughfare?
Its just me being English and a prude I suppose!! (I'll probably get over it if I have one of my own!!!)
Put it down to lack of understanding of the maternal thing if ou want!!!
Old Jan 8th 2007, 7:27 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

No I completely understand, and agree. But sometimes the wee one has other plans or you can't find a free changing room, that kind of thing. I'm not all in favour of whipping out the milk jugs openly, but like you said, a discrete blanket and the like is a good idea. Probably nicer for the baby, too. I know for me, it was always a very special bonding time.. We'd gaze into each other's eyes until she got that "milk drunk" look, then she'd burp a few times and fall asleep. LOL I was quite jealous, I wanted to sleep too!

I'm totally shocked she didn't get the job. (not really...)
Old Jan 8th 2007, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

:d :d
Old Jan 8th 2007, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mums with bubs?

Originally Posted by jueinnz
:d :d

Is that a double D ?
Old Jan 8th 2007, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Nice Guy;4261113]Is that a double D ?[/QUOT

How could you tell!!!!
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Perdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to all

I started a reply to this thread earlier but a few have beaten me to it! I agree with feeding anywhere and my waiting reply is also would you want to eat in the toilet? Though no-one has ever challenged me, probably the look i give anyone who is warming up!
I have fed all of mine (3) with the first i was nervous and self conscious and hid where ever i could, mainly in the car or toilets. But now I feed wherever and do so discreetly ( i have an extensive range of long cardies!) as do not want to scare people off their dinner at the sight of my boobs!!!!! . I too give mothers approving smiles when I see feeding.
So go for it and feed whereever you want!!
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Perdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to all

Should probably add that this is close to home, so to speak as feeding a 4 month old at the moment and invariably am out with her and her 2 brothers when she needs feeding!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 9:59 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

There's been quite some activity since I last came online! I didn't mean to start a breastfeeding debate! When I lived in Darwin, Australia, the women were really blatant about breastfeeding, I always remember a woman taking her top off on the bus to feed. It was awful! I'm not totally at ease with breastfeeding in public, some women can feed their babies, eat dinner, speak on the phone (all at once) and no one knows! I tend to be the one fumbling in a corner with an oversized blanket over me, growling at my husband to help me! Most recently I had my toddler holding one end of blanket and my husband the other!!! Just so there wasn't a glimpse of booby!! I can understand why some people don't like to see it, and I try to be sensitive about that. The only time that won't apply is on the flight over. If anyone's got a problem, they'll HAVE to move themselves. My baby isn't going hungry and I'm not shuffling around the plane to find somewhere more private. Thats for damn sure! Its funny, there's kind of a 'damned if I do, damned if I don't' kind of situation. I remember expressing milk into a bottle while we're out, and some old woman came over and made comments to me about NOT breastfeeding! I didn't explain it was breastmilk, why should I? Imagine if I had something wrong with my breasts and couldn't breastfeed?