Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Moving to Welly January 2014

Moving to Welly January 2014

Old Apr 12th 2013, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Lb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to behold
Default Moving to Welly January 2014

Hi
My kiwi husband, myself and our 3 boys 5.9.12 will be moving to Welly.
I am a nurse and dental hygienist and dental therapist. Working in all 3 areas has worked well in the UK so hoping to do same in NZ.
anyone out there sat IELTS- do I need to do much prep. (Hve 'O' level English 1988!)
Also anyone gone thru the dental therapy individual assessment pathway?
Have schools in mind and been in touch so hoping the boys will settle ok.
Have found rugby club. Anyone know about karate clubs and swimming clubs?
Thank you
Loving reading stories of others experience.
Cheers

Old Apr 12th 2013, 1:17 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Welly January 2014

Hi there and welcome to the forum . That sounds like an exciting move.

So many questions about New Zealand, so I'll see if I can shift your thread to the NZ forum for folks to help with your queries. I'm sure you'll get some answers. All the best with the move
Old Apr 12th 2013, 9:56 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lb welly
Hi
I am a nurse and dental hygienist and dental therapist. Working in all 3 areas has worked well in the UK so hoping to do same in NZ.
anyone out there sat IELTS- do I need to do much prep. (Hve 'O' level English 1988!)
Thank you
Cheers

to help with clubs etc might help if you can say what part of Wellington you are hoping to move to.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Lb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to behold

We have a house in Kelburn.
Thanks
Old Apr 12th 2013, 11:20 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

We have a house in Kelburn.
Thanks
well that's me out as live up in Pukerua Bay and find it difficult enough to find clubs for my two that aren't straight after school

Sure someone will be along and be able to help
Old Apr 13th 2013, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Thank you
Cheers

What nationality are you, and have you ever taken tertiary (university) courses that were delivered in English? I'm just wondering why you need IETLS?
Old Apr 13th 2013, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GoingIn2011
What nationality are you, and have you ever taken tertiary (university) courses that were delivered in English? I'm just wondering why you need IETLS?
I believe that all nurses need IELTS regardless of nationality.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Yes- nurses need IELTS. I am British, have GCSE English, hve only ever studied in English. No matter still live to pass the IELTS
Old Apr 13th 2013, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes- nurses need IELTS. I am British, have GCSE English, hve only ever studied in English. No matter still live to pass the IELTS
Shocked - is it just nurses? My OH works as a healthcare professional - not a nurse - no test required. Seems a little odd to single nurses out if its them alone...
Old Apr 13th 2013, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

You will defo need to revise big time for the IELTS. Many Brits take 3 - 4 times before they pass. Apparently Brits come way down on the list of passes, probably cos we are Brit we assume we know our own language. But in reality we have many local dialects / slang & our grammar isn't really up to scratch. Good luck
Old Apr 13th 2013, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you. Onto amazon to order revision book now!