Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Moving To Wellington - Location Ideas Please!!!

Moving To Wellington - Location Ideas Please!!!

Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

joegs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving To Wellington - Location Ideas Please!!!

Hi Me, My Wife and 2 Children aged 2 & 4 are moving to Wellington in Sept/Oct 2013. Our eldest will be starting primary school in Jan/Feb 2014 so we are looking to rent somewhere near a good school and a nice area to live. My Wife has Family in Lower Hutt but we are wanting advise on where the best place to rent would be.

Ideas of what we want are:

Good Schools
Good Value Rental areas
Family Area to live
what there is to do in suburbs of wellington ie sport, shopping etc.
Areas to avoid with a young family

Thanks

Joe
Old Feb 12th 2013, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving To Wellington - Location Ideas Please!!!

Have you looked at Trademe.co.nz for ideas of rental prices/types of properties available? What's your budget?

I live in Lower Hutt (in the western hills)
Old Feb 12th 2013, 6:08 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

depends if you want a 5min drive to the beach or longer. best bet would be not to make your mind up but if possible stay with your family member and then visit area's during the day then at night and see what feel's right.
We live in a small Bay, very friendly, good school, close to the beach but shop wise we have a corner shop, a book shop and a hairdressers. local main shop is 10min drive down the road but rail station is 5 mins walk from front door
Old Feb 13th 2013, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

chez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nice

We live in Upper Hutt ,easy to get to Wellington and house prices and rates are cheaper ,we have enough supermarkets and shops without having to travel far ,also the train stations only 10 mins away for park n ride so easy to use .Unfortunately due to family health probs we have to leave and return to uk so are selling up and moving when said is done .love it here its so quiet also and some fab walks by the river and parks for the kids .PM me for any questions .been here 7 yrs now .
Old Feb 13th 2013, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Chez7 my brothers live in Upper Hutt, lovely area and some very nice lifestyle type blocks. Prices cheaper than many, also they vary according to which area in Upper Hutt too, Silverstream for example is quite pricey compared to others.

Good luck in your search.