British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Moving to Tauranga in October (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/moving-tauranga-october-475824/)

oolie Aug 21st 2007 6:31 pm

Moving to Tauranga in October

I have posted here before but there seems to be a lot more people in Tauranga now than the last time I posted - seems to be very popular with the English!

We are moving out to Tauranga from London arriving on 4th October with 2 kids (girl nearly 5 and boy nearly 2) - husband is a kiwi but not lived in New Zealand for 10 years and not from that part anyway so doesnt know anyone.

We are really keen to get in contact with others - particularly those with children of similar ages. My daughter has a lot of friends here and I am really keen for her to meet new ones as soon as possible as really want her to settle and be happy. Would also be great for us to have someone to ask all the questions they probably asked when they arrived.....

Any advice greatly appreciated!

BEVS Aug 21st 2007 11:59 pm

Re: Moving to Tauranga in October

I'm not in Tauranga but a warm welcome to this forum. :thumbup:

Liz & Co Aug 22nd 2007 12:40 am

Originally Posted by oolie (Post 5218190)
I have posted here before but there seems to be a lot more people in Tauranga now than the last time I posted - seems to be very popular with the English!

We are moving out to Tauranga from London arriving on 4th October with 2 kids (girl nearly 5 and boy nearly 2) - husband is a kiwi but not lived in New Zealand for 10 years and not from that part anyway so doesnt know anyone.

We are really keen to get in contact with others - particularly those with children of similar ages. My daughter has a lot of friends here and I am really keen for her to meet new ones as soon as possible as really want her to settle and be happy. Would also be great for us to have someone to ask all the questions they probably asked when they arrived.....

You are right, Oolie, there are lots of us here in Tauranga and all very friendly.

It is probably easier said than done but try not to worry about your children, they WILL surprise you. If they see you happy, they will follow.

There are lots of us here with children, AmLoolah has a daughter the same age as yours, mine are slightly older. Children, like the adults, are really friendly.

If there is anything we can help you with, just shout.

tallpaul2uk Aug 22nd 2007 1:53 am

Will be good if we can get this social organised for the 16th Nov, wil allow all he newbies plus some of us who have been around for a while to meet and get to know one another

kato33 Aug 22nd 2007 10:48 am

Hello,

We will be living there too as soon as the contracts on the house are signed. :thumbsup:

You will meet some great, although usually hammered ;) people on here.

Look forward to meeting all the BoP lot when we arrive.

Nici

lauralou Aug 27th 2007 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by oolie (Post 5218190)

Hi oolie and welcome to the site :)
I totally agree with what Liz said about trying not to worry about your kids settling - cos they will be fine.
I worried about our eldest daughter (7) before we got here. I remember thinking that I wouldn't be able to settle unless she did. Well I don't know what I was worrying about - she has made so many new friends and has a better social life than us!!!!!!:lol:

BEVS Aug 28th 2007 8:44 am

Hi Oolie. You'll have no worries with the likes of Am Loolah , Liz, Lauralou around. They can;t take away the angst but they sure are friendly, helpful people:thumbsup:

oolie Aug 28th 2007 9:59 am

Thanks for all your messages - nice to know will be able to find some friendly faces when we get there. It is my daughters birthday on 18th October so might need to borrow some children for a party!

lauralou Aug 28th 2007 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by oolie (Post 5243707)
Thanks for all your messages - nice to know will be able to find some friendly faces when we get there. It is my daughters birthday on 18th October so might need to borrow some children for a party!

I'm sure we can help you out with that!!:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup: