Reload this Page >

Moving from South Yorkshire

Moving from South Yorkshire

Old Mar 19th 2011, 10:52 am
Just Joined

mummypom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving from South Yorkshire

hi all

We are moving to NZ in June/July. My partner is a kiwi and i'm english together we have a beautiful daughter and a lovely chocolate labrador who will be making the move with us.

I have had so many concerns with this move - just the normal worries but from finding this site it seems to have relaxed me a little knowing there are others going through the same emotions and obviously the success stories.

We are going to be heading to Cambridge as OH is from there with all his friends.

I am so keen to join mother and toddler groups there - if anyone can drop me some info on them that would be amazing!

Anyone in the Cambridge/Hamilton area?

I'm currently applying for my residency - which I have been told as we have a daughter together will be a breeze but i'm a tad confused on the medicals. Do you have to go with the dr's they suggest on the NZ gov site or can you just approach your normal dr's?????? Any advice?

Hope to speak and maybe meet some of you soon.

Amy
Old Mar 20th 2011, 9:15 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Moving from South Yorkshire

Welcome, welcome to our cosy wee NZ forum & sorry for the late welcome.

Yes. You will need to use one of the NZIS listed doctors for the medicals & you;ll need to provide proof of your long term permanent relationship with your other half.
That can be joint bills, photos, postcards, marriage cert. etc.

anyway. Have a great browse around the place. Open threads for things you want to ask and Happy Posting.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 10:39 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mummypom
hi all

We are moving to NZ in June/July. My partner is a kiwi and i'm english together we have a beautiful daughter and a lovely chocolate labrador who will be making the move with us.

I have had so many concerns with this move - just the normal worries but from finding this site it seems to have relaxed me a little knowing there are others going through the same emotions and obviously the success stories.

We are going to be heading to Cambridge as OH is from there with all his friends.

I am so keen to join mother and toddler groups there - if anyone can drop me some info on them that would be amazing!

Anyone in the Cambridge/Hamilton area?

I'm currently applying for my residency - which I have been told as we have a daughter together will be a breeze but i'm a tad confused on the medicals. Do you have to go with the dr's they suggest on the NZ gov site or can you just approach your normal dr's?????? Any advice?

Hope to speak and maybe meet some of you soon.

Amy
Welcome from me too ....sorry I'm late!
My OH was born in NZ, my visa application was very painless and compared to what some have to go through it was a 'bit of a breeze' so I'm sure it'll be the same for you. Bevs has already answered your question re medicals .... shop around though, you might find its' worth a bit of travelling to get the same medical done ££'s cheaper.
Good luck with your plans .....ask away if you need any help / advice.
B
Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:40 am
Just Joined

nicjam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

All sounds exciting - we moved to wellington from sheffield last june with our 18 month old. There are usually heaps of mum/toddler groups. Depending on what you want to do - there is a a company called "mainly music" who run music sessions - slightly religious overtones but greeat just to make contact with people - check out www.mainlymusic.org.nz as they are all over nz. Also get in touch with the local plunket www.plunket.org.nz they are really helpful and there should be a list of toddler groups on the website. Also look at play centre, I never had anything to do with them just out of choice but they are great for networking and settling in to place if its your kind of thing.

hope this helps a bit any other questions just ask good luck with everything ! by the way where is s yorks are you from?

nic
Old Apr 13th 2011, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of

hi mummypom. We're from south yorkshire too, moved to Hamilton two years ago in July and have a daughter who will be 2 in June. There are a few of us from BE who have recently met up, we are all in and around Hamilton and Cambridge and we have young kids ranging from 14 months to 4 years I think. I would attach a link to the particular threads if I knew how to do it! Perhaps one of the mods could tell me?
Definately get yourself into a playgroup somewhere, as nicjam says go to your local Plunket rooms when you are here and they will probably have a list of local playgroups for you to choose from.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello & welcome Mummypom. Good luck with all your plans & happy posting
Old Apr 18th 2011, 7:40 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Hello & welcome Mummypom. Good luck with all your plans & happy posting
Welcome & ditto the above from me too