Reload this Page >

Moving to NZ in July - looking for other new mummies

Moving to NZ in July - looking for other new mummies

Old Apr 13th 2012, 9:29 am
Just Joined

oliversmummy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to NZ in July - looking for other new mummies

Hi,

I’m moving back to Auckland in July with my fiancé and 1 year old. Previously lived in Auckland for 2years, returned to UK last year to have a baby. Would be nice to meet some other young mums with babies around a similar age as most of my friends over there don’t have children. I’m 27 from Manchester and my partner is 25 from Leeds. Will be staying on North Shore till we find a house in Auckland. I really missed my group of friends when I was previously in Auckland. Would be nice to meet a new group of friends around my age

Also, does anyone know of any mum and baby groups in Auckland / North Shore or soft play areas?

Thanks

Rachael
Old Apr 14th 2012, 12:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to NZ in July - looking for other new mummies

Hi Rachael, just wanted to welcome you to our friendly NZ forums. I can't help you specifically as we are somewhat older than you with no kids (sadly) but there are a lot of members on the North Shore who did have kids & I'm sure they'll be along sometime soon.

Weather forecast for this weekend is good in Auckland, so I'm guessing a lot of parents will be at the beach or watching the kids playing football, rugby etc.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 4:44 am
Just Joined

MR5B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
Have you arrived yet?
My husband and I and 2 year old son moved here 6 months ago, we live on the North Shore - Milford and are also from Leeds. Bit older than you guys though in our mid-thirties but still like to get out for a beer or three and have a laugh!
Get in touch when you're here if you want and we could maybe meet up
Sorry can't really advise on the Mum and Baby groups - I work full time
Helen
Old Jul 15th 2012, 7:18 am
Just Joined

Maria16b is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there. My family and I arrived last week. Also a touch older (mid to late 30's), and based in Bucklands Beach but we have a car! My little people are 2 1/2 and 9 months though and we are yet to meet anyone so would love to meet up or just chat on text or Facebook.

Maria x
Old Jul 17th 2012, 7:34 am
hanging in there

Hellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to all

Try
Bngcommunitytrust.org.nz their summer fun programme for preschoolers was exceptional they had loads of play equipment set out in north shore parks. My daughter was about 18 months at the time but it was good for walkers and non walkers plus you get to see the same faces again and again. I actually travelled over the bridge from the city for them.
Also
Mainly music - based in churches so yes there is an element of religion but only very tiny plus they generally do coffee and tea and free play at the end.
Other activities for you and your little one are jumping beans and gymbaroo and YMCA gym, swimming, whilst these may be good activities they are not so good for making connections during class.(although I did meet a lovely Brit girl at swimming who I meet up with)
Most local libraries do wriggle and rhyme time and story time I would look at websites for details it just depends how brave you are at introducing yourself.
Plunket coffee groups are also good, find your local Plunket you will probably register with them for continued support for littlie (similar to sure start but charity based) they will have info on when your local group meets.
Best of british, plus you can always pm me if your stuck I'm a bit older 38 and have a 2 yr old and live in the city but if you want a chat or coffee we can meet up somewhere.
Oops forgot
Soft play try lollipops, chipmunks or q rabbit but take your ear plugs and avoid school holidays too many big kids.

Last edited by Hellie73; Jul 17th 2012 at 7:37 am. Reason: Additional info