Moving to NZ??

Old Apr 8th 2016, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

IanO76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to NZ??

Hi all,

Early days at the moment but I might be getting a job offer from a NZ company, so much to consider but the main thing is where to start looking fro property?

Looking like i would be based south of Aukland near Manukau? Any suggestions of some nice places to live? (big ask I know!)

Thanks
Ian
Old Apr 8th 2016, 11:12 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to NZ??

Hello Ian and welcome to the forum

I've shifted your post from the Welcome Inn into the NZ section of the forum, since your question is very NZ specific.

Have fun with your research.
Old Apr 9th 2016, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of nice areas on the Howick peninsula, including lots of new subdivisions, especially around Botany/Dannemora/Flat Bush. 15 minutes to Manakau from there. Or I advise looking south around The Gardens, Takanini, Karaka. A lot depends on what you will be able to afford.
Old Apr 9th 2016, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Don't want to go down the "auckland is expensive" route.
There's enough threads on that already

Once you've found an area you like, check trademe for prices,
if you can find one listed with a price.

I don't like auckland and south auckland in particular
has its own set of issues that would have me running for the hills

You can go quite far south if your work is in Manukau,
I know some commute from Hamilton but its a heck of a drive