Moving to NZ

Old May 15th 2008, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

celtic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving to NZ

Hello all you wise and wonderful people out there! I am looking for some advice.

I am hopefully moving my family over to NZ, in the very near future, Does anyone have experience of moving a large(ish) dog, and the sort of costs involved? it is'nt an option to leave the dog ( white Greman Sepherd ) behind.

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Andrew.
Old May 15th 2008, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to NZ

Originally Posted by celtic warrior
Hello all you wise and wonderful people out there! I am looking for some advice.

I am hopefully moving my family over to NZ, in the very near future, Does anyone have experience of moving a large(ish) dog, and the sort of costs involved? it is'nt an option to leave the dog ( white Greman Sepherd ) behind.

Thank you.
Andrew.
Hello and welcome, you will find loads of advice on here about moving dogs, here is a link http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=dog
Apprently it cost approx £3,500 for large dog, make sure all it's injections are up to date and there isn't any quarantine in NZ.

Hope this helps a little.
Old May 15th 2008, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celtic warrior

Thank you.
Andrew.
Another one for you:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=dog
Old May 15th 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

celtic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teebrown
Hello and welcome, you will find loads of advice on here about moving dogs, here is a link http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=dog
Apprently it cost approx £3,500 for large dog, make sure all it's injections are up to date and there isn't any quarantine in NZ.

Hope this helps a little.

Hello and thank you ! these links have proved vey useful, a lot of money granted, but she is part of the family, and we just could'nt leave her behind
Old May 15th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Hello there,we came here last year with medium to largish dog,being from Scotland too you don't really have much of a choice of companys to use,will get OH to pm you the details of the company we used,but I am sure they were around your area..cost including all our vet fees was about 3,500 pounds..The company we used that was beside you was the nearest one so was more convenient for us(but they were slightly more expensive)the other company was up in Aberdeen(they were slightly cheaper)..As I say will get Garry to give you their details when he comes home from work..
But our vet had recomended the one beside you,and said they had never had any problems with dogs going abroad using this company, our vet had never had any dealings with the company in Aberdeen,so we didn't want to take any chances for the sake of saving about 500 pounds..

We used to stay not far from you in Dalgety Bay a few years ago...lovely area....hope this helps...Jacky
Old May 15th 2008, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by garryhg
Hello there,we came here last year with medium to largish dog,being from Scotland too you don't really have much of a choice of companys to use,will get OH to pm you the details of the company we used,but I am sure they were around your area..cost including all our vet fees was about 3,500 pounds..The company we used that was beside you was the nearest one so was more convenient for us(but they were slightly more expensive)the other company was up in Aberdeen(they were slightly cheaper)..As I say will get Garry to give you their details when he comes home from work..
But our vet had recomended the one beside you,and said they had never had any problems with dogs going abroad using this company, our vet had never had any dealings with the company in Aberdeen,so we didn't want to take any chances for the sake of saving about 500 pounds..

We used to stay not far from you in Dalgety Bay a few years ago...lovely area....hope this helps...Jacky
Hi Jacky,

Thank you very much, i look for to getting the pm, I will let you know how i get on. It is quite a nice area out here, however around where i stay and dalgety bay, they are throwing up the houses for the outspill of people who cant afford to buy in Edinburgh, so it dose'nt have the charm it once had.

Now with three kids under the age of 6 ( glutton for punishment ! ) cwe have decided on New Zealand !

Thanks again Jacky, i appreciate your help.

Andrew.