Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

moving to New Zealand from USA in a few months

moving to New Zealand from USA in a few months

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

jeannie_alvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile moving to New Zealand from USA in a few months

I am thinking of moving to New Zealand in January, north island, near Wellington or Masterton.

I want to offer my gifts and immigrate bit by bit. I support people in overcoming even unknown obstacles in reaching their goals, or healing. Sometimes the results are miraculous.

I also support people in non denominational spiritual growth. I was graced by being in a state of enlightenment for 2 1/2 weeks a few years ago, and the energy transmits to others. I transmit enlightenment and god-realization energy. May you be blessed by the Divine as you read this.

In the states, I offer workshops, books, and teleconference calls.
I am hoping to create a website to transmit audio worldwide, and offer this on the web as well as phone.

Do you know if New Zealanders are open to my unusual offerings?

I would like to create a team to offer this to many people. The team I am creating would be that no one gets to be wrong, not you, not me, and we would acknowledge the gems in each other. And the team would share my vision and commitment to the enlightenment, healing, joy and abundance of humanity.

Do you know if it is possible to barter my healing or enlightenment transmissions for a room?

I'd appreciate all positive ideas!!!

Jeannie Alvin
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:14 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: moving to New Zealand from USA in a few months

jeannie,

You can get a visitor permit on arrival, but I think that immigration may well want to see your onward ticket.

Otherwise, check http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ousWorkers.htm

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:12 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jeannie

This is perhaps the wrong forum to get straight answers to your post.

Is not about how open a society we have, I am sure you would able to do what you do quite openly. There are many alternative communities here in NZ.

However, there is a process involved in immigrating to NZ, which is the same for everyone, divine enlightenment or not.

If you are looking for immigration advice, then you have come to the right place, but you would have to tell us more about yourself. Age, degree/qualifications (real ones) etc.

If you are looking for a free room to stay in, try www.couchsurfing.com.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: moving to New Zealand from USA in a few months

Thanks for the suggestion. My qualifications are a BA and MA in Psychology. I am 61 years old.

Can I come as a tourist and try to immigrate once there?
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:41 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by jeannie_alvin
Thanks for the suggestion. My qualifications are a BA and MA in Psychology. I am 61 years old.

Can I come as a tourist and try to immigrate once there?
I'm sorry to inform you Jeannie but at age 61 you are too old to go the skilled migrant route. The cut-off is one's 56th birthday. You are certainly welcome to come as a visitor.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: moving to New Zealand from USA in a few months

What period of time can I stay as a tourist? Can one come and go from Australia or Fiji? Is there a time limit per year, or can one just leave and come back?

Thanks.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:11 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

If you hold only a US passport, the maximum amount of time you can stay for is 90 days. I believe you have to stay out of NZ for as long as you are in it. Unless I've got my US and NZ visitors' info mixed up. Happynz is the guru on this though. Him and JAJ.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by jeannie_alvin
What period of time can I stay as a tourist? Can one come and go from Australia or Fiji? Is there a time limit per year, or can one just leave and come back?

Thanks.
Hi once again Jeannie,

Maz is correct about the ninety day business. As a US passport holder you will be given a ninety day visitor permit upon arrival. It is possible to extend this ninety day permit twice allowing you to stay a total of nine months. But to get the extensions you have to show that you have access to funds. At any rate, this is what NZIS says --

You can apply for further visitor permits while you are here, so long as you do not exceed the total maximum time allowed for visitors. In many cases this is nine months out of an 18-month period, but you may be eligible to stay for a maximum of 12 months. You’ll have to show that during your stay:

* you have supported yourself financially, and have enough money to continue supporting yourself and
* you have not worked, been sponsored, or held a student permit.

If you gain this extension you will have to leave New Zealand at the end of the 12 months and remain away for 12 months or more before you can again return as a visitor.

NZIS goes on to say --

Evidence of funds

You will also need to show us proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay. This means you have a minimum of:

* NZ$1000 per person per month of the visit, or
* NZ$400 per person per month if accommodation has already been paid for – we will require proof of prepayment, such as hotel prepaid vouchers.

Acceptable evidence of sufficient funds can be demonstrated in the form of:

* cash
* travellers' cheques
* bank drafts
* recognised credit cards with sufficient credit available – it is recommended that visitors have an up-to-date credit card statement.

Other acceptable evidence is a declaration by a New Zealand sponsor that they will pay for your accommodation and maintenance.

As far as hopping over to Aussie, do remember that everyone except for Kiwis require visas to enter Australia. I'm not much versed on Australian immigration policies so I'll defer to offering advice on how long one can stay in Australia as a visitor.

Good luck Jeannie. Oh, and by the way, since you seem to be into the mystical enlightenment aura kinda thingie could you send me some positive vibes. I have a project coming up and, well, I'd sorta like to have some success in getting it rolling. Cheers.