Reload this Page >

Moving To New Zealand - Jobs, Guidance, Help Needed

Moving To New Zealand - Jobs, Guidance, Help Needed

Old Oct 12th 2019, 10:12 am
Just Joined

TomDavis2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving To New Zealand - Jobs, Guidance, Help Needed

Hi,

My first ever post Me and my partner are going through the application stage (so very early stages) to see our options of moving to NZ, we will probably be looking at moving over on a 1 years working visa, rent our home in the UK to make sure we enjoy our time in NZ before selling up and moving straight over, we have a 1 1/2-2 year plan to move so have started researching, looking at everything involved etc

My line of work in the UK is the fire industry and i'm a fire extinguisher/alarm engineer so will be looking to do this in NZ which comes under Lv3 on the ANZSCO points system, and my partner is currently a receptionist in a vets and would like to continue working within the same industry, has anyone had any experience in these lines of work?

Any tips for first time movers abroad? We are looking around the bay of plenty/Tauranga area.

Thanks In Advanced

Tom
Old Oct 12th 2019, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving To New Zealand - Jobs, Guidance, Help Needed

Google wormalds to begin with, they're big boys NZ wide.
Also try looking for work as an IQP, council's are cracking down on commercial building compliance schedules now and your skills would be directly relevant.
https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/...ed-person.aspx
some of the bigger engineering consultants will have fire engineering departments. Some agents are good to look for you, id rather look and apply myself.

Last edited by Timmy Chch; Oct 12th 2019 at 9:54 pm.