Reload this Page >

Moving to New Zealand

Moving to New Zealand

Old Jul 29th 2015, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

littlelara707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to New Zealand

Helloooooo peeps,
Me and my partner are emigrating to New Zealand in the near future.... We are currently going through the Visa process.
My partner got a job offer and accepted. He will be working in Southgate
Takanini.
Auckland
I don't have a job set up yet but I am hoping to go into sports retail... Preferably running 😉
I have contacted a few company's to show my interest.
It would be great to connect with peeps in and around the area.
Also any advice on anything would be great 😊
Old Jul 30th 2015, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Murrayafc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to New Zealand

Only advice would be picking the best place live, I stayed in west Auckland and was working in takanini for a while and this was fine as you can take the south western motorway and traffic is not so bad. Still prepare for 50 minute commute though, staying in south Auckland would be the better option I'd say. Apart from traffic NZ is a great place
Old Jul 30th 2015, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Murrayafc
Only advice would be picking the best place live, I stayed in west Auckland and was working in takanini for a while and this was fine as you can take the south western motorway and traffic is not so bad. Still prepare for 50 minute commute though, staying in south Auckland would be the better option I'd say. Apart from traffic NZ is a great place
Thank you 😊
Old Jul 31st 2015, 6:33 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

my only piece of advice would be to realise you might not land in the best place for you but just go with the flow initially and explore as many area's as you can before deciding on a long term rental or purchase. we made the mistake of buying after the money from the UK house came through (6mths after landing here) and it turned out to be the wrong place and we lost money having to sell and move on.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
my only piece of advice would be to realise you might not land in the best place for you but just go with the flow initially and explore as many area's as you can before deciding on a long term rental or purchase. we made the mistake of buying after the money from the UK house came through (6mths after landing here) and it turned out to be the wrong place and we lost money having to sell and move on.
Thank you 😊

We are looking at motels etc when we arrive then renting for a bit before buying as we will need to save a few penny's again 😉