Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

moving to new zealand

moving to new zealand

Old Feb 11th 2003, 6:13 pm
Now in Tauranga

ratliffe is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

hear ! hear ! plonkers. i also would like to know what people out there have experienced for which why you would come back to the u.k after spending all that time and money to enter a beautiful part of the world only to come back again ??? thank you sashimi ..........
Old Feb 11th 2003, 10:07 pm
JWW
Forum Regular

JWW will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by sashimi
this constant bickering between Muppet King and Jaffa is about as interesting as all those awful threads that get hijacked by PB and the people who can be bothered arguing with him. Can't the two of you, MK and Jaffa do your bickering via email and let the rest of us get on withwhat this forum is supposedly about, helping each other out.

This last thread which started with a very interesting question about how many immigrants actually leave NZ again has totally veered off course, like so many threads that get taken over by these mudslingers. A pity, really.

sashimi
I disagree Sashimi, I think the mad rantings from planet Muppet and Jaffa's responses are very entertaining, long may it continue....I reserve the right to occasionally join in myself.

I would, however, like to make the point that the article Muppet brought everyones attention to is actually more than 2 years old and the result of the national debate regarding the 'brain drain' that was occuring at that time. This figure is from memory, so it could be wrong, but I think the net loss to Oz is around 6000 YTD Dec 2002. Also, judging by the number of Ockers applying for jobs at our place, net loss could soon well be a net gain....if gain is the right word.