Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

moving to nelson in february

moving to nelson in february

Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

juliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to all
Smile moving to nelson in february

Hi All,

We've not been in touch for a while. Anyway we are finally getting to New Zealand February 08, my emotions are all over the place now, tickets are booked, belongings in storage and leaving party booked for early feb.

My OH did have a job offer but once again fell through, so we have decided to bite the bullet and just come anyway, as we have been told this will probably be the best option for us, and he already has a meeting set up for when we land so fingers crossed.

We are staying in a motel for the first week, but not sure where will go from there, depends on the job front, any ideas on areas, have heard Nelson itself is rather expensive so are looking for the outskirts where there are good schools?

Bye for now.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

Sandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really nice
Default Re: moving to nelson in february

Hello. Nelson is a great place to live. The whole area from Nelson itself to Richmond isn't very big and the schools all have good reputations, although Henley Primary in Richmond and Nayland Primary in Stoke are particularly well thought of (we've just moved into Stoke as we like the central location and with two pre-schoolers and another on the way we like the cycle paths and wide flat roads). Don't know what your hubby does but mine's a carpenter and he found work within a week (4 job offers in as many days). Give is a shout when you arrive and we could meet up for a proper chat.
Sandi
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:36 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to nelson in february

Originally Posted by juliejamesmcgrath
Hi All,

We've not been in touch for a while. Anyway we are finally getting to New Zealand February 08, my emotions are all over the place now, tickets are booked, belongings in storage and leaving party booked for early feb.

My OH did have a job offer but once again fell through, so we have decided to bite the bullet and just come anyway, as we have been told this will probably be the best option for us, and he already has a meeting set up for when we land so fingers crossed.

We are staying in a motel for the first week, but not sure where will go from there, depends on the job front, any ideas on areas, have heard Nelson itself is rather expensive so are looking for the outskirts where there are good schools?

Bye for now.
Hi can't help on school advice but any questions on Nelson fire away. We moved here last December from Wellington and love it. Live in Nelson itself and can't praise it enough. Keep in touch and we will be happy to give you a tour in Feb