Moving to Nelson.

Old Sep 6th 2016, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of
Default Moving to Nelson.

not been here in a while...

Moving to Nelson in a couple of months with the family (2 of us and the baby). We were looking at Mapua but with lack of rentals initially we will probably base out of Nelson/Richmond until we buy.

Auckland to big and expensive for us now even our little bit of paradise.

Can anyone offer any advice on the area please? Any inside lines on jobs would be appreciated too...
Old Sep 6th 2016, 10:01 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Moving to Nelson.

Hi there.

What work do you both do please? When are you planning to be here ?
Have you been here before?

Umm. Areas.

Richmond is suburbia IMO however all sorts of amenities are close to hand. I;d call it central.

Wakefield & Brightwater are like Mapua Small villages, however then are a bit inland. Not coastal.

Atawhai is out on a limb the other side of Nelson. Doable .

Nelson is Nelson. Brook and The Wood look nice but watch for lack of sun at times.

Victory & around the hospital may not suit. Part os Tahunanui are fine. Some less so. Depends what you will accept really.

Contact Hardcourts in Mapua ref. rentals & real estate. The people that own that and also the people that work there actually live here. So, will likely hear of anything going.

I will look on the noticeboard to see if anything is about if you wish. Thing is, we are now into Spring and Mapua fills up big time as we race towards the Xmas shutdown. People even let out their sleepouts and move out of their own homes to let them for a bit of a profit.

How long do you think you would rent for? Sometimes the hol rentals here will do a deal.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of

Thanks for the reply.

Just me working and I do general management really. We will arrive in mid to late Nov.
We have been to Nelson and the area before yeah. We havw been in NZ for over 6 years which makes it a bit easier.

Heard the area towards the hospital is not the best. Bearing in mind I work in Mangere how bad is it?

Mapua seems unlikely until we buy but thanks for the Harcourt lead.
How is Stoke? We prefer villages rather than suburbia but may have to make do until we get things sorted.
Old Sep 7th 2016, 12:08 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by rason
Thanks for the reply.

Just me working and I do general management really. We will arrive in mid to late Nov.
We have been to Nelson and the area before yeah. We havw been in NZ for over 6 years which makes it a bit easier.

Heard the area towards the hospital is not the best. Bearing in mind I work in Mangere how bad is it?

Mapua seems unlikely until we buy but thanks for the Harcourt lead.
How is Stoke? We prefer villages rather than suburbia but may have to make do until we get things sorted.
Stoke is in between Nelson and Richmond so all part of the conurbation. Used to have the rep of being for the older person but there are new sub-divisions & it is close to amenities. As with anywhere there are some streets which are perhaps not the best. Has its own supermarkets , library and the like. A hop into town ( Nelson) or Richmond.

I don't know Mangere so cannot compare.

Village vibes would be Mapua - although growing fast. Wakefield. Brightwater.

Ah! Just seen you have a bab. Perhaps Richmond.