Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Moving to Kaiapoi......anyone local with kids?

Moving to Kaiapoi......anyone local with kids?

Old Nov 6th 2007, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

creswicks is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Moving to Kaiapoi......anyone local with kids?

Hi there.....

we are off from the UK (kent) to Kaiapoi, which is North of Christchurch. We fly on the 21st Nov.

Is anyone local to Kaiapoi, and have children? My two are 10 and 8 and they are worried about making new friends (bless!)

thanks

Beccy
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:33 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Moving to Kaiapoi......anyone local with kids?

Originally Posted by creswicks
Hi there.....

we are off from the UK (kent) to Kaiapoi, which is North of Christchurch. We fly on the 21st Nov.

Is anyone local to Kaiapoi, and have children? My two are 10 and 8 and they are worried about making new friends (bless!)

thanks

Beccy
They'll have a few weeks at school before the summer break and then be back at school come the first week of February (just as the weather gets really good). I think that your kids will soon be running around without shoes and having a grand ol' time in short order. Kiwi kids seem to be quite gregarious and open. It is when they get to be teens that they get to be a bit cringeworthy, but that may be a universal defect.

There are a few posters on this forum who live in Rangiora, a town just a few minutes by car north of Kaiapoi. Perhaps they'll chime in and give you the lowdown on Kaiapoi.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Moving to Kaiapoi......anyone local with kids?

Hi there and welcome,

We moved to Rangiora in june and love it here,we are only 5 mins away.
I have two kids a bit older 14 and 12 and they have settled really well,lots of friends and you will find that there are a few british in Kaiapoi.
If you want to meet up when you arrive let me know.

Helen