Reload this Page >

Moving to Invercargill

Moving to Invercargill

Old Jun 11th 2015, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

AdeleSa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Invercargill

Hi Everyone !

I am new to this forum however found very useful to start a research on moving to invercargill. How friendly is the neighborhood ? How affordable is the city ? Are there easy to get jobs for foreign students ? ( to cover the basic living costs )

I am planning to move to invercargill to get enrolled to southern institute of technology to do a post graduate dip in business enterprise. my wife and two kids ( 9 yrs and 4 yrs ) too are moving with me. We are maldivian nationals living in sri lanka for the past few years without a proper job because the legal system of this country does not allow foreigners to work. I am hoping that enrolling to the SIT business enterprise would get us the permits to work in NZ at the same time offer us a chance to advance our knowledge and experience.

My qualification is not big, however I have completed an executive masters in strategic marketing ( asia e university ) and a post graduate diploma in business psychology ( heriot watt university Edinburgh ), with past 3 years experience in marketing back in maldives. I'd appreciate if anyone could offer me the most update info from invercargill.

How is the job market there ? Will we be able to get a job to cover our living costs ? Is there anyone who could help out to find schools for our kids ?

Thank you in advance