Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Moving to Highland Park

Moving to Highland Park

Old Apr 2nd 2010, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

philfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nice
Default Moving to Highland Park

After the good news of being accepted with our PRV (permanent residency Visa) this week, we have booked the flights and are now raring to go!!! Can anyone let me know what its like in Highland Park, Auckland? We have the chance to live here but was wondering if anyone else lives in the area or knows how long it takes to get into the CBD? If so we would love to meet up when we get there!

Phil
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

imanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really nice
Default Re: Moving to Highland Park

sorry no info on this matter but congrats on the visas ands i am sure someone who can answer your questions will be along soon
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

I never lived in Highland Park but my sister started her NZ life in Howick before moving on and the whole eastern bays area is nice for families so you should be fine. I moved with no family so chose to start closer to Auckland City Hospital in the CBD in Mount Eden. That would be my only bugbear with your chosen area not having the motorway close by for the commute. But thousand disagree with me and queue in and out on the southeastern highway every day!!
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

CindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by owen
I never lived in Highland Park but my sister started her NZ life in Howick before moving on and the whole eastern bays area is nice for families so you should be fine. I moved with no family so chose to start closer to Auckland City Hospital in the CBD in Mount Eden. That would be my only bugbear with your chosen area not having the motorway close by for the commute. But thousand disagree with me and queue in and out on the southeastern highway every day!!
Hi There ,
Me and my family moved to Dannemora in Howick nearly 2 years ago.Having lived there for that length of time I can say that I would not personally recomend Highland Park .It hasnt got the best reputation especially at night.Feel free to Pm me if you have any other questions.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 5:03 am
Just Joined

lorna m is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by philfunuk
After the good news of being accepted with our PRV (permanent residency Visa) this week, we have booked the flights and are now raring to go!!! Can anyone let me know what its like in Highland Park, Auckland? We have the chance to live here but was wondering if anyone else lives in the area or knows how long it takes to get into the CBD? If so we would love to meet up when we get there!

Phil
Hey

I live in Farm Cove just two minutes drive from Highland Park. Highland Park is slap bang in the middle of surrounding areas, Howick, Bucklands Beach, Botany, Pakuranga. My kids go to Pakuranga College and walk there from home. The school is situated down at Highland Park. I think Highland Park is central to most places on the Eastern suburbs. Good access to shops,beaches etc. Takes about 50 mins in rush hour and 20 to 30 mins in off peak traffic. We love it here More than happy to share any more info. PM me if you like.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

Hi

Congrats on your visas!

I live in Highland Park, near the shops. I like it here, very close for a number of beaches, ferry to the city,bus stops , great amenities, free heated indoor swimming pool. There is a cinema, more takeaways than you will ever want and it is close to the lovely Howick and Botany. Housing is a little less expensive than Howick, but you are still close enough to enjoy it.

I don't go walking out at night much so I can't comment on the points raised in earlier post. I have been to the local a few times but not come back really late.

I have been here six months, so I can't claim to be an expert. Please PM me if I can help any more.

enjoy your last days in the UK !
Old Nov 19th 2010, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

anwanti is a jewel in the roughanwanti is a jewel in the roughanwanti is a jewel in the roughanwanti is a jewel in the roughanwanti is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=philfunuk;8468095]After the good news of being accepted with our PRV (permanent residency Visa) this week, we have booked the flights and are now raring to go!!! Can anyone let me know what its like in Highland Park, Auckland? We have the chance to live here but was wondering if anyone else lives in the area or knows how long it takes to get into the CBD? If so we would love to meet up when we get there!

Phil[/QUOTe

Hi

We lived in Highland for 6months and I thought it was a very nice area. The park was only a 2 minute walk and it is very close to all amentities. Would be happy to meet up.