Moving in February and looking to start a Business

Moving in February and looking to start a Business

Old Oct 18th 2015, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

StandingUpForTheUlstermen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving in February and looking to start a Business

Hey guys,

This is my first post.

So my Kiwi wife and I are moving to Wellington in February (hopefully) and was just looking for some info.

* my spouse visa

As my wife is a Kiwi we have just applied for my spouse visa, anyone roughly know of how long it takes etc.

*business

I used to run my dads small business many years ago. Since then I have always wanted to run my own wee business. Upon my vists to New Zealand and Australia over the years I've noticed that hand wash, car washes in these countries aren't common.

Is their a reason?

I want to start a car was in a busy town. The town has the automated car washes at petrol stations. But no hand wash ones.

Do you guys think this would be a good idea or business.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Stephen.
Old Oct 18th 2015, 9:57 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving in February and looking to start a Business

the hand washes are usually carried out by organisations - cubs/scouts/football clubs and schools to fund trips and activities and can be found in most DIY store car parks on a weekend/. cost is usually $5 per car with the added bonus of a sausage sizzle near by. Can't really see there being much call for it as those that do clean their cars would probably use the sponsorship ones or just go to the automated ones as they are not that expensive and convenient.
Old Oct 18th 2015, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Louiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond repute

You can see them inside indoor carparks at shopping Malls. There's one at 277 , Newmarket, and I think Henderson Mall, in Auckland. There's a range of prices, and services and they clean inside and out while you so shopping. I used them over the years when we lived in an Apartment, they seem quite busy as I guess a lot of people are 'time poor'
I think they are probably franchises as they have the same logo. good luck!
Old Oct 19th 2015, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replays, just another question.

Where do you get your car washed. And how much do you pay or would you pay.

$20 to much or about right?
Old Oct 19th 2015, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

UktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant future

Where abouts are in norn Ireland!
Old Oct 19th 2015, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by UktoNZ2016
Where abouts are in norn Ireland!
Newtownards UKtoNZ. You from here yourself?
Old Oct 19th 2015, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

UktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant future

Magherafelt!
Old Oct 19th 2015, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Are you living in New Zealand yet or planning on a move. We are just looking at flights for February.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 6:51 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StandingUpForTheUlstermen
Hey guys,

at the DIY store for a $5 or local car wash $14 (full works)
Old Oct 19th 2015, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Planning. Mrs is a nurse and going through the registration process at the minute and job interviews.

Flights are cheap for Feb March at the minute. Don't hang about
Old Oct 19th 2015, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Was looking earlier today. We are planning a few stop overs. Dubai, got a cousin in Hong Kong and a cousin in Melbourne. For the wife,me and our son its only 1700. From Dublin.

What part if New Zealand you guys planning to move to. I've just sent my visa away on Thursday. They have taken the money already but no idea how long it's going to take.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

I'll pm you!
Old Oct 19th 2015, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Louiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond reputeLouiselouise03 has a reputation beyond repute

The one I used in Newmarket, Auckland, prices started at $30 for the basic hand wash. They have prices on website - trying a link ...Car wash Services provided by The Clean NZ

Last edited by Louiselouise03; Oct 19th 2015 at 8:47 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Oct 19th 2015, 9:37 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

A mobile valet service would probably work better.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StandingUpForTheUlstermen
Hey guys,

TBH I wouldn't take the car to a proper car wash. I'd either do it myself or let it be done at a charity raising event for $5.
In my opinion people in NZ care far less about their vehicle than in the UK. One doesn't feel the need to keep up with the Jones's here and many people own and drive older cars and keep them years and years as they last much longer and I doubt they care even less that it is kept clean

In Wellington in particular, the big shopping centres in Porirua and Lower Hutt have a valet service while you shop and always seemed to be busy from what I remember and other than that there's the automated ones at the petrol stations. I think the one in Porirua also offered proper barista coffee and massage chairs while you wait but the minimum valet was around $30. Never went there myself as I just wouldn't pay that to wash my car. $5 is my max or I'd do it myself.
Not sure there'd me a good market for an independent car wash facility in Wellington ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.