moving companys

Old Oct 1st 2006, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up moving companys

Hi all
hopefully off in november house sale goes through next week, can anyone recommend who to use to ship our stuff out, it will only be a part load we are in the south east coast, its nice to use someone that someone has allready used ans were happy with.
Thanks and good luck to everyone else who is nearly there.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 11:44 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving companys

Sell, move, buy getby, buy new.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

daviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ash1
Hi all
hopefully off in november house sale goes through next week, can anyone recommend who to use to ship our stuff out, it will only be a part load we are in the south east coast, its nice to use someone that someone has allready used ans were happy with.

I've heard that PSS are quiet good and we have ahd a quote from them. tel: 020 8686 7733 www.pss.uk.com
they do alot of shipping to NZ and only charge cubic space for part container i.e. you only pay for the space you use and not 1/2 container even if not full.
hope this helps
Old Oct 1st 2006, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

donscbr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in a similar position to you, sold the house looking to head over about nov. Not sure whether I'm going to get a 20 or 40 foot container yet, my main priority is to bring the toys- the landrover and a couple of motorbikes, and some sentimental stuff. have been speaking to Excess baggage (www.baggage-shipping.com) and they seem pretty helpful, when I spoke to them a couple of months back they said they'd come round and see what I had to ship, then tell me my options. Hope this helps.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash1
Hi all
We used Crown, they weren't the cheapest. We also had a quote from PSS, but didn't get a good feeling from them. Crown wrapped and packed everything so carefully. They were excellent at both ends. We used a 20 ft container - emptied everything that wasn't fitted from a 3 bedroom house. When container arrived here they sorted it all out for customs. They would of unpacked, but we wanted to take our time, so they came back and took all the cartons and packagging away. They were friendly pleasant guys at both ends. Most importantly, there was nothing missing or broken.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

leedge has a spectacular aura aboutleedge has a spectacular aura aboutleedge has a spectacular aura about

We'd wholeheartedly recommend PSS....at least from the packing point of view, two guys who worked themselves into the ground , we just have to wait and see what state it's in when it arrives

(sings..) 17th October....17th October.....17th October
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boopy
We used Crown, they weren't the cheapest. We also had a quote from PSS, but didn't get a good feeling from them. Crown wrapped and packed everything so carefully. They were excellent at both ends. We used a 20 ft container - emptied everything that wasn't fitted from a 3 bedroom house. When container arrived here they sorted it all out for customs. They would of unpacked, but we wanted to take our time, so they came back and took all the cartons and packagging away. They were friendly pleasant guys at both ends. Most importantly, there was nothing missing or broken.

ditto, we used Crown & no probs
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by poppets
ditto, we used Crown & no probs
How much did crown/PSS charge for a 20ft container, if you don't mind me asking?

Don.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donscbr6
How much did crown/PSS charge for a 20ft container, if you don't mind me asking?

Don.

From what I can remember there was about £700 difference, PSS being the cheaper, at this end they use different carriers. With Crown they have their own here transporters. I'd read stories of companies using other transporters, passing the buck if there were any claims. If you use one carrier service, they are responsible for the lot. I thnik PSS was about £3800 and Crown about £4500, plus insurance if you want.
Hope this helps.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donscbr6

Don.

crown charged us £4500
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boopy
From what I can remember there was about £700 difference, PSS being the cheaper, at this end they use different carriers. With Crown they have their own here transporters. I'd read stories of companies using other transporters, passing the buck if there were any claims. If you use one carrier service, they are responsible for the lot. I thnik PSS was about £3800 and Crown about £4500, plus insurance if you want.
Hope this helps.
PSS were great - and they use NZ Vanlines here, which have had a mixed report, but we were very impressed with them - we did have a breakage - the communication around this was prompt, no hassle and they settled as per the insurance figures. Crown use Crown relocations over here - and as I understand it although they are obviously connected they are 2 different companies. PSS cost us $3600 for a 20ft container and they packed it so well - there wasn't room to fart.
Vicki
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joshlin
PSS were great - and they use NZ Vanlines here, which have had a mixed report, but we were very impressed with them - we did have a breakage - the communication around this was prompt, no hassle and they settled as per the insurance figures. Crown use Crown relocations over here - and as I understand it although they are obviously connected they are 2 different companies. PSS cost us $3600 for a 20ft container and they packed it so well - there wasn't room to fart.
Vicki
Would not recommend PSS. Poor, very abusive packers (after I politely pointed out it was not a good idea to pack 30 pound weights in the same box as a 300 year old clock!!!!), poor advice, poor estimation and got stung with a HUGE surcharge the day before packup..what else could we do but pay up?? Not cricket in my eyes but as ever these companies have us by the s and c's. By contrast was v impressed with NZ vans this end. Glad to hear some of you got a good service from PSS.
NB have heard that packing crews vary greatly around the UK..ours was NOT from the south coast!!
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

westies is a jewel in the roughwesties is a jewel in the roughwesties is a jewel in the roughwesties is a jewel in the rough

We used John Masons for the container, Letton & Percival for insurance and this end The Moving Company all outstanding, nil complaints from us!!
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by westies
We used John Masons for the container, Letton & Percival for insurance and this end The Moving Company all outstanding, nil complaints from us!!
Thanks everyone will get quotes from them.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by poppets
crown charged us £4500
Thanks for the info all. My stuff is already packed and sitting in a lock up, so it's just a case of shoving it (carefully!) in a container. How long did it take to get to NZ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.