Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The moving company

The moving company

Old Jul 15th 2009, 5:52 am
Just Joined

kjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nice
Default The moving company

Hi all.

I'm just in the process of getting some quotes to ship my stuff from dubai to NZ. One of the movers needs to sub-contract the work out at the NZ end.

They are proposing using the Moving Company..

Has anyone in chch used the Moving Company? any good / bad feed back.

Many thanks

Karl
Old Jul 15th 2009, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The moving company

If I remember right we used The Moving Company this end in Auckland. They were very good.... and helpful when it came to unpacking and taking the unwanted rubbish away... I think it helped that they found OH's pinball game once it was taken out of its wooden crate... they liked playing on that! Yeah, they were good.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 10:23 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Um.
Tell Moving Company & your shippers that you will sort your own MAF and Customs fees, else you will end up paying a huge service fee, in excess of $375 NZD for them doing nowt but presenting your own forms that you completed yourself. They call it a service fee. Complete scam.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

kjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nice

Originally Posted by BEVS
Um.
Tell Moving Company & your shippers that you will sort your own MAF and Customs fees, else you will end up paying a huge service fee, in excess of $375 NZD for them doing nowt but presenting your own forms that you completed yourself. They call it a service fee. Complete scam.
thanks for the tip.... i'm just firing off an email now.

there quote seems to imply they're covering customs clearance, but i pay the fees. defo worth a quick one liner email.

Thanks

Karl
Old Jul 20th 2009, 5:58 am
Just Joined

mary m is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there,

try using nucaf movers,service is good and they have reliable agent at NZ. 0566424091.

cheers
Old Jul 20th 2009, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Karl,

We used the moving company,nothing broken,brought all packages into house and collected all the boxes and rubbish after i unpacked it all a week or so later,great service. Hope this helps.

Helen