Moving companies

Old Jun 24th 2010, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving companies

We are comparing moving companies at the moment, any recommendations/experiences?
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:22 pm
Northern Monkey

adamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to all
Default Re: Moving companies

There's been a fair few threads on here over the past few months on this topic, with some people loving certain companies, while others dislike the same company.
I've done two moves in the past 18 months, the UK to Oz, using Pickfords, where I ended up with some breakages and some Cds were "lost in transit" and Oz to Nz with Crown who were very good. I'm sure others will beg to differ on both counts though.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 6:28 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

I've said it before and I'll say it again......Barnes of Lincoln. Top quality service, door to door.....

http://www.barnesoflincoln.co.uk/
Old Jun 25th 2010, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sirplug
I've said it before and I'll say it again......Barnes of Lincoln. Top quality service, door to door.....

http://www.barnesoflincoln.co.uk/
I'm just about to get quotes too. Do Barnes only provide a local service in Lincoln, or are they national?
Old Jun 26th 2010, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Cant recommend John Mason highly enough.

Service, communication and packers completely brilliant and very professional.

They use the Moving Company on this side and had absolutely no problems with them either. No breakages whatsoever.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 7:35 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Just had John Mason in, their story is that they tender each and every move to select the NZ contractor for each job. Not sure if that is a good thing, >may< give better pricing but then there is no longer contract to protect/worry about from the NZ contractors point of view???
Old Jun 26th 2010, 7:55 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushmere
I'm just about to get quotes too. Do Barnes only provide a local service in Lincoln, or are they national?
Give them a call and ask to speak to Julian. We moved from Nottinghamshire but that's fairly local to Lincoln. We used them through recommendation, the only real way to go and the thing that sold it to me was that the guy that provided the quotes (Julian) also owned the company and came along to do the packing! Check the website for the number.