Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Moving to Christchurch mid September.

Moving to Christchurch mid September.

Old Aug 30th 2013, 9:37 am
Just Joined

ukarchitect is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Christchurch mid September.

I've found supplements same price and but vitamins seem a little higher than RRP in UK, but no 3 for 2 Boots deals - well no Boots and most supermarkets are privately owned gold mines.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Pinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Pixiewink - haven't got a wide brimmed hat, so will source one before I leave! Sunscreen is a must for me at all times in the UK summer so am prepared for it to be all year round out there! Oooh, breathe - getting very excited now and a little bit scared!
Old Aug 30th 2013, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Pinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of light

Ooh - one more thing - I know vitamins etc. have been mentioned, but I will be bringing a couple of prescription tablets with me (cocodamol for rare migraines and Clopidogral (alternative to aspirin, as am allergic)) - what's the procedure for them - does anyone know?

Old Aug 30th 2013, 5:57 pm
Movin on

skends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to behold

I bought co codamol here, you just mark the yes box to medications on your arrival card - hope this helps.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 5:59 pm
Movin on

skends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to behold

Pinksar - where in Hampshire are you from, we were from fareham.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

We're in Bursledon so not far from there! Thanks for the info re cocodamol x
Old Aug 30th 2013, 6:35 pm
Movin on

You're welcome. Enjoy New Zealand it's a beautiful place to be.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks - I can't wait - 3 weeks today we fly, so not long now!
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Larryloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skends
Pinksar - where in Hampshire are you from, we were from fareham.
My husband Ukarchitect is originally from Fareham! We've made the move from Guernsey having lived gere for 16 years. Small world!
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Wow - it is a small world! Theres a few people on here from this area - I hope we can meet with people from here once we're there, as would be great to put faces to names!
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pinksar
Wow - it is a small world! Theres a few people on here from this area - I hope we can meet with people from here once we're there, as would be great to put faces to names!
Definitely look forward to meeting new people. Having a tearful day today as I prepare to move out of the house we've treasured for 9 years.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Oh bless you - I have that in 2 weeks - home for 13 years - it's been an emotional roller coaster these last 2 weeks - re-homed my 2 cats (broke my heart for days), said goodbye to family we won't see again and the next few weeks are likely to be the same! Leaving party this weekend and then days and days of visits to say goodbye to others.

Chin up - think of the new life adventure you will be starting - that's what I'm telling myself anyway!
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pinksar
Oh bless you - I have that in 2 weeks - home for 13 years - it's been an emotional roller coaster these last 2 weeks - re-homed my 2 cats (broke my heart for days), said goodbye to family we won't see again and the next few weeks are likely to be the same! Leaving party this weekend and then days and days of visits to say goodbye to others.

Chin up - think of the new life adventure you will be starting - that's what I'm telling myself anyway!
Thank you. I rehomed my dog back in June. I completely empathise with you! Keep in touch. X
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

It's so hard isn't it? I had my first and only quiver of nerves the day after I did it and actually thought "I can't do this" - that passed fairly quickly though! Will keep in touch, and you - when do you go over and do you know where you'll be living? x
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry - ignore my last post - having a very confusing day of paperwork today and my head not with it - you're in Christchurch and soon! lol - sorry xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.