British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Moving to Christchurch... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/moving-christchurch-627203/)

Welsh Jay Aug 24th 2009 7:17 am

Moving to Christchurch...

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say a quick hello... Just got my Visa through today for NZ, REALLY REALLY excited!!!!

My wife (Annie) and 15 month daughter (Evie) moved over 3 weeks ago and I'm looking at booking a flight for around 8th September, so it will have been 6 weeks apart by the time I get there... SOOOOOO looking forward to the reunion. :wub:

We've been living in Cardiff for a couple of years, London before that and I'm staying in Swansea temporarily until I fly (Also worked in W Yorkshire for a couple of years a while back)

I really have to say how fantastic NZ house where in London with my application... I was waiting for some paperwork from NZ, it arrived last Monday, I was at NZ house when they opened on Tuesday and got a call on Wednesday to say y visa was ready... everything sorted IN ONE DAY!!! Another guy I spoke to there had the same 1 day experience too... We where both sponsored by partners which my have sped things up but how efficient!! :thumbsup:

Anyway... Looking forward to life in NZ and maybe even a CHC meet-up with some of the forum members at some point :)

Cheers

Jay :D

Dewb09 Aug 24th 2009 7:57 am

Re: Moving to Christchurch...

Hi & welcome, great news you will be on your way soon and be reunited with your family, good luck & have a safe journey :)

Dewb

MnB Aug 24th 2009 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Welsh Jay (Post 7870138)
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say a quick hello... Just got my Visa through today for NZ, REALLY REALLY excited!!!!

My wife (Annie) and 15 month daughter (Evie) moved over 3 weeks ago and I'm looking at booking a flight for around 8th September, so it will have been 6 weeks apart by the time I get there... SOOOOOO looking forward to the reunion. :wub:

We've been living in Cardiff for a couple of years, London before that and I'm staying in Swansea temporarily until I fly (Also worked in W Yorkshire for a couple of years a while back)

I really have to say how fantastic NZ house where in London with my application... I was waiting for some paperwork from NZ, it arrived last Monday, I was at NZ house when they opened on Tuesday and got a call on Wednesday to say y visa was ready... everything sorted IN ONE DAY!!! Another guy I spoke to there had the same 1 day experience too... We where both sponsored by partners which my have sped things up but how efficient!! :thumbsup:

Anyway... Looking forward to life in NZ and maybe even a CHC meet-up with some of the forum members at some point :)

Cheers

Hi .... so good to hear some positive news related to spouse visa!! can understand your excitment !.... best wishes for your new life in NZ
B x

willand tina_h Aug 24th 2009 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by MnB (Post 7870333)
Hi .... so good to hear some positive news related to spouse visa!! can understand your excitment !.... best wishes for your new life in NZ
B x

Hi Jay and welcome.
We are from cardiff too and hope to be in Tauranga (north) in Jan 2010, submitted our pr last tuesday and aint heard yet :sneaky: although I am expecting to be sent to the MA due to BMI and some other health issues, fingers crossed though. Very pleased for you, are you welsh then?
Keep us posted on how things are??
tina&will

alanmacc Aug 24th 2009 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Welsh Jay (Post 7870138)
Hi Guys,

Cheers

Hello and welcome to Christchurch, just in time for the start of spring I may add, where is are OH and kids living in Chch?

Welsh Jay Aug 24th 2009 10:28 pm

Cheers for the welcomes guys!!!

Yeah, welsh through and through Tina/Will ... From Pontardawe (near Swansea) originally, lived in Cyncoed in Cardiff… just north of Roath Park Lake… Where are you guys??

Hi allanmacc, we’ll be staying in Casebrook for a little while… poss six months or so whilst looking for a place to buy, not 100% sure where yet but OH is from CHC so has some favoured areas…. And she’s better qualified to judge I guess lol…. How do you find Rolleston/CHC… have you been there for the full 2 years in NZ??

alanmacc Aug 26th 2009 12:45 am

Originally Posted by Welsh Jay (Post 7872111)

Yeah, welsh through and through Tina/Will ... From Pontardawe (near Swansea) originally, lived in Cyncoed in Cardiff… just north of Roath Park Lake… Where are you guys??

Hi allanmacc, we’ll be staying in Casebrook for a little while… poss six months or so whilst looking for a place to buy, not 100% sure where yet but OH is from CHC so has some favoured areas…. And she’s better qualified to judge I guess lol…. How do you find Rolleston/CHC… have you been there for the full 2 years in NZ??

Hey

We lived in the city for a while when we first arrived then found a plot of land in Rolleston to build on, We have been here in rolly for a year now, Rolly is about a 20min drive back into the town and we love it out here, quieter, less people in general much bigger land sections to build on and its got its own little community here

willand tina_h Aug 31st 2009 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Welsh Jay (Post 7872111)

Hi Jay,
we are in rumney, up the top of newport road??? Have youboke your flight yet? Bet you cannot wait to see the family eh? Keep in touch, and enjoy your new life in NZ :thumbsup:

BEVS Sep 1st 2009 6:10 am

Bit late I know but welcome to the NZ BE. :)

Have some welcome karma.

127luton Sep 1st 2009 9:46 pm

Welcome Welsh Jay!
Good luck for the move!!
Berni
x;)

Welsh Jay Sep 2nd 2009 5:20 am

Rolly sounds nice... Won't be buying for a few motnhs and I think the Mrs has a few areas in mind, cant wait to check out the different areas.

My flight is booked for the 8th September... That's next Tuesday... Less than a week to go.... I cant tell you how much I'm looking forward to arrving in CHC!!! :eek:

Thanks again for all the welcomes... loving the forum community :thumbsup::thumbsup: