Reload this Page >

moving back to nz with husband

moving back to nz with husband

Old Jun 23rd 2011, 10:51 am
Just Joined

wwlot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving back to nz with husband

Hi All

Hope you will be able to help answer a few questions.
I am a nz citizen living in uk with my husband and we want to move to nz, How do we go about getting the visa (which one) also cost of and time it takes to be granted and also does my husband need a medical???? hoping you can help.
thanks in advance ian
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:10 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving back to nz with husband

Originally Posted by wwlot
...also does my husband need a medical???? hoping you can help.
thanks in advance ian
Well the partner stream would apply and yes I think he will need a medical - not sure of any special rules for same-sex partners though.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:30 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know same sex partnerships are treated exactly the same as heterosexual ones.
To apply under partnership you must have been living together for more than 12 months and be able to prove this.
Yes, he will need a medical, chest xray and blood tests.

Have you looked at the NZ immigration site? http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

Partnership application overview: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ly/default.htm

London are currently saying they will process family partnership applications in 1-3months, so not very long at all!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of

Our partnership application was all done in about 8 weeks. The longest aspects were the police checks - caught in xmas post and waiting for the medical (yes one is needed, the list of approved doctors is on the immigration website). Once application was in to NZ house it was a month from arrival to having final stamp in passport. Partners of kiwis are prioritised...

Start gathering all your evidence now though to prove your relationship - you need joint names, same address, photos etc. If you can prove more than 5 years you can get permanent residency first off, we were 6 months shy so Si has started with a 2 year residency visa that we will have to swap later.

Good luck...
Old Jun 24th 2011, 7:05 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info a real help but could you inform me how much it cost for medical and visa??? and we have only been together just under 3 years so fingers crossed all goes smoothly. cheers:
Old Jun 24th 2011, 7:40 pm
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Our medicals were just under £800 for the two of them (Fed 11) and our visas came in at about £1400. But we were applying for work visas etc. There is a fees calculator on line

Jo
Old Jun 25th 2011, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

The partnership visa worked for us, it is pretty much a formality provided:

There are no issues with the medical (it is needed).
There are no issues with either the applicant's or the sponsor's criminal record (both are needed) - they don't have to be squeaky clean, just nothing too bad.
Documentary evidence of a stable partnership lasting at least two years (married or not married makes no difference) - we provided tenancy agreements, joint council tax bills and travel agent's documents showing that we had travelled together. We didn't have joint bank accounts back then.

I can't remember the costs of the Visa, medical or police certificates but they were dwarfed by the costs of actually moving.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Hi All

Thank you so much for the information a real help and a hugh weight of our minds,now we know what we have to do we can gather all info and get med and crim checks so cross your fingers for us as we cant wait to be back in nz. cheers ian
Old Jun 29th 2011, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

nicolelocin214 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
We submitted our visa on the 4th April (Partnership as I am a kiwi and partner is british) and it was granted a couple of weeks ago. We did have a problem with one of the forms that I had printed of the website had expired and I also needed to send certified copies of partnership evidence but I thought the whole process was relatively quick and painless. Althogether it has cost just over a thousand for visa, medical, migrant levy (they sting you for £155 after its granted) and police checks.