Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Moving to Auckland .......!!!!

Moving to Auckland .......!!!!

Old Jan 10th 2007, 7:38 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Auckland .......!!!!

Originally Posted by Jude J
Hiya Merryberry, dont let her put you off, just as I saidshe isn't from and doesn't live in NZ, she just likes to pass some time on here trying to wind people up!I don't try to, but clearly I do!

So, you are coming in March for a holiday? The weather should be good even though it is the end of the summer. Normally by April I am praying for it to cool down so I can wear jeans again
About accomodation, did you want cheap? In the city or slightly outside? My in-laws were just here and they stayed at a lovely hotel in Takapuna, a short distance from the city, and it was very reasonable, a double/twin bedroom for only $125 a night.That is not Travel Lodge cheap like my suggestion It will probably be even cheaper in March. I can give you more info on that one if you want.

I have lived outside Auckland for 4 years and I really love it. There is a recent thread called, 'compare the 3 major cities' or something like that which has some info on living in Auckland.

Me and all the other friendly people that actually live here will be happy to help you with any info you need. Dont be too put off by what some people say, come and see for yourself I repeat - as I said!

Jude
.Don't get so wound up!
Old Jan 10th 2007, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

merryberry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jude thankyou for your reply and that would be great if you could give me extra info on the dos and donts of living in Auckland.............lol

I am not looking for anywhere too expensive but i have come across a hotel called the Grand Chancellor that i may be able to get for around £29-£30 per night and just going to query it again tonight. I am not sure of the places you mention so i will have to look them up. the whole point of coming over is to find out as much as i can in the two weeks so i can make my final decision to come over and start my new Job. Sound like you have had a great time in Auckland and have made many friends which is cool. I wil privat email you my addy in a mo so we can chat more if you like. Thanks again

Merryberry xxx
Old Jan 10th 2007, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by merryberry
Hi everyone My name is Merryberry and in the summer of this year i may be moving to Auckland after being offered a job there but would love to hear from other peeps who have moved there and what there comments are about the place and any info that might be beneficial to me.

I am in the process of planning a trip in the last two weeks in march this year first and going to be going over on my own. Trying to find out about accomodation and flights................any ideas> I have more or less found a good price for the flight but just want to round it all up by finding out how much it is going to cost for accomodation. What do you suggest...........B & B, hotels or Guest houses.

Thanks everyone and i look forward to your replies.........also what is the weather like around this time?

Merry Berry xxx
Hi merryberry

I live in auckland too and love it here, i live over in west auckland and much as other aucklanders take the piss out of us 'westies' it is nice over here, although the rush hour traffic so I am lead to believe in to the city is rather bad, I get the train in as I work in Newmarket so dont actually do the drive in, but I find the train is fine apart from the odd delay there, but I would say no different from any other public transport world wide

weather in march should be fine (have been here 9 months so am a fairly newcomer to here) today is currently sunny but a few clouds out and about here in auckland, it has rained the last couple of days

Dawn
Old Jan 10th 2007, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mazi
.Don't get so wound up!
You're not winding me up! I was thinking about someone who finds this site and wants to use it to get info on a certain city it ends up being another dont do it the weather/NZ/Auckland is crap thread.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 8:29 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Merryberry

These might help for accommodation

www.aatravel.co.nz
www.accommmodationinnewzealand.co.nz
www.jasons.com

You can pick up a couple of accommodation directories when you land in Auckland Airport

Hope this helps
Sarah
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Oh Dear...
THE WEATHER TODAY IS GREAT
Lots of us on here from Auckland and we love it!!!!
The people that don't love it and will tell you so have generally moved away or never been here
There is a culture in NZ of everyone outside of Auckland hating us Aucklanders Its just jealosy...
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jueinnz
Oh Dear...
THE WEATHER TODAY IS GREAT
Lots of us on here from Auckland and we love it!!!!
The people that don't love it and will tell you so have generally moved away or never been here
There is a culture in NZ of everyone outside of Auckland hating us Aucklanders Its just jealosy...
I agree I love it here too, although just a baby to you guys, 9 months here for me and still loving it

as I have said before there is something about driving on the motorway from west auckland and seeing the skyline, makes me smile EVERY time
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kwprwn
I agree I love it here too, although just a baby to you guys, 9 months here for me and still loving it

as I have said before there is something about driving on the motorway from west auckland and seeing the skyline, makes me smile EVERY time
I do that everyday too, and sometimes when I doing it, I remeber that there is someone else on here doing it too!!!
What time do you leave for work?
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

I do that everyday too, and sometimes when I doing it, I remeber that there is someone else on here doing it too!!!
What time do you leave for work?
I dont drive in to work, I use the train so dont get to see the skyline on my way too work, but get on a train at 7am but fortunately as we come out on to the main road near our house I can see the majority off it including the sky tower and the toilet seat(vero building) which usually looks like it is on fire when the sun reflects on to it some days

you work in town dont you?
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kwprwn
I dont drive in to work, I use the train so dont get to see the skyline on my way too work, but get on a train at 7am but fortunately as we come out on to the main road near our house I can see the majority off it including the sky tower and the toilet seat(vero building) which usually looks like it is on fire when the sun reflects on to it some days

you work in town dont you?
not quite thankfully!!! St Lukes!
You need I more post for 1000,!!!
Sorry merryberry...back to subject....
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

not quite thankfully!!! St Lukes!
You need I more post for 1000,!!!
Sorry merryberry...back to subject....
Gone to the bar for my 1000th post

oh st lukes, i like st lukes to go shopping, not sure owen does
Old Jan 11th 2007, 2:30 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Merryberry. I love Auckland too When we first got here we stayed in a motel for a few weeks - it was June and fairly quiet but they gave us a discounted rate - $425 a week. www.wotif.com is good for 'deals'.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 2:48 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mazi
read, read and re-read

Don't have any more answers, sorry

Oh that hotel with the swimming pool on the roof is quite nice - might be a bit pricey though
Which hotel? lots of them have pools on the roof?

The hilton on the viaduct is nice but a bit small. The one on spencer on byron gets chilly when the breeze is up.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:24 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jude J
You're not winding me up! I was thinking about someone who finds this site and wants to use it to get info on a certain city it ends up being another dont do it the weather/NZ/Auckland is crap thread.
It was only meant in fun though as I saw it
Old Jan 11th 2007, 7:11 am
reh
Just Joined

reh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by merryberry
Hi everyone My name is Merryberry and in the summer of this year i may be moving to Auckland after being offered a job there but would love to hear from other peeps who have moved there and what there comments are about the place and any info that might be beneficial to me.

I am in the process of planning a trip in the last two weeks in march this year first and going to be going over on my own. Trying to find out about accomodation and flights................any ideas> I have more or less found a good price for the flight but just want to round it all up by finding out how much it is going to cost for accomodation. What do you suggest...........B & B, hotels or Guest houses.

Thanks everyone and i look forward to your replies.........also what is the weather like around this time?

Merry Berry xxx

hi Merry Berry,
It is nice hearing that you r moving to Auckland. but i need suggestion how you got job offer. I am applying to job , but the employer asking for do i have right to work or not ? tell me some useful suggestion to get job offer and immigrate to new zealand. i heard about http://www.skillnz.org.nz which offer to get job from employer . do u know or does anybody know or come across this website ? let me know ..thanks in advance.any suggestion will be highly appreciated...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.