Moving

Old Mar 17th 2009, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving

I would like to ask people that have already moved to NZ, how did you organise the move so that things you needed till the last moment such as fridges, and other household items were got sold or given to people after you had moved?
Old Mar 17th 2009, 4:43 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving

Hi there. We packed all our stuff in the container and waved it goodbye on the day that we left the house, so there was no worries about a 'we've got no stuff' overlap.

However I know folks who have bought really cheap 'make do' stuff on ebay to cover an overlap, and then sold it back on there (for more than they bought it for!) before they have left. It worked, but was a hassle.

Or just borrow, beg and steal off family and friends.

Or you could rent from an appliance rental firm - of which there seem to be plenty.

Good luck!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I gave a lot of stuff away on freecycle; had several car boot sales; took food to the sallies; had (friends of friends) 'takers' ready for my washing machine and tumble dryer. In the last few days before the shippers came, the white goods people changed their minds and I couldn't find anybody else so I ended up bringing the items out here (luckily I had the space in container) and then sold them on trade me this end!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Riverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud of

We are leaving all our stuff in the house, all except the washing machine. We are renting the place out, on the market with a company that is giving us a guaranteed rent, which although is less than the market rate....is guaranteed!!!
We have said that we won't accept responsiblity for them... they are a 'goodwill' gesture! So at least that way it is something less I have to worry about at this stressfull time....but as my brother keeps saying to me....'You are moving to New Zealand..my heart bleeds for you!!'
Nick