MOVING

Old Jun 18th 2007, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of
Default MOVING

Well I have just had some news my partner has been offered a job in Wellington so we are moving from Christchurch to Wellington.

Anyone know any good removal companies or any to avoid and if anyone has any tips about moving I'd gladly listen, I have moved before and want to do so without the past disasters... don't ask lets just say before I moved I had nice furniture and two cats, after my move I had furniture and only one cat.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

dicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nice
Default Re: MOVING

Originally Posted by bro69
Well I have just had some news my partner has been offered a job in Wellington so we are moving from Christchurch to Wellington.

Anyone know any good removal companies or any to avoid and if anyone has any tips about moving I'd gladly listen, I have moved before and want to do so without the past disasters... don't ask lets just say before I moved I had nice furniture and two cats, after my move I had furniture and only one cat.
New Zealand Van Lines? There the only one's we have experience of. But only one plate broken in all our household stuff.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 6:08 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

I was not impressed by NZ van lines. An ornament, glass & bowl broken. Huge indentations on furniture & a completely knackered washing machine. They literally threw our stuff around. But other than that they were fine
Old Jun 18th 2007, 9:08 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon you should get The Moving Company involved. Nice folks, and did well for us.

Or....

Why not hire a car with a towbar, hire a trailer to go with it, and go on the ferry/

Or...

Give all your stuff to me - I'll swap you 1 cat for it....???
Old Jun 18th 2007, 10:54 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes see ads in the local paper here for companies with space spare going between islands, not sure if that's of any use to you??
Old Jun 18th 2007, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of

Thanks for the advice,

WIZYTON, I would move myself but I have too much stuff and no family or friends here to help. Plus with my partner in her state she is no help at all, it's ok though, she helps in her own way.

Oh that and the fact that my lovely car with a tow bar was stolen a few weekends ago. Well we have had some really good news and I'm excited about the move, really hoping that the second half of the year is much better.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 5:27 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

We've moved loads ourselves and we always try a different tac. Suffice to say where we avoid one disaster, another one happens! When we next move, we'll go with a reputable large company that comes and packs our boxes. And we're going to take a holiday. When we arrive in our new home, the stuff will be unpacked and put away. Bliss! I'd probably use Allied or Crown, someone that charges high rates, because they're so professional.

Let me know after your move, I'll take your recommendation!

Good luck in Welly, I love that city, much better that Auckland!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Littletoe
We've moved loads ourselves and we always try a different tac. Suffice to say where we avoid one disaster, another one happens! When we next move, we'll go with a reputable large company that comes and packs our boxes. And we're going to take a holiday. When we arrive in our new home, the stuff will be unpacked and put away. Bliss! I'd probably use Allied or Crown, someone that charges high rates, because they're so professional.

Let me know after your move, I'll take your recommendation!

Good luck in Welly, I love that city, much better that Auckland!
Thanks, I love Welly too, good to be moving back after 2 and a half years in Christchurch.

I think I will try Allied.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:59 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I love Welly too, good to be moving back after 2 and a half years in Christchurch.

I think I will try Allied.

I only moved down the road last time, but when I was getting quotes I spoke with Crown and Allied and they seemed very professional and friendly, etc