Reload this Page >

moving in 12 weeks good subrb to live and School System

moving in 12 weeks good subrb to live and School System

Old Jun 23rd 2014, 3:24 am
Just Joined

jencox is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile moving in 12 weeks good subrb to live and School System

Hi everyone

My husband and i have had it confirmed that we shall be new Zealand bound in 12weeks at the latest we are looking now at where we want to live a suburb not a long drive from Auckland where hubby will be working i want to be able to walk to a good school nursery somewhere that has a good family community mommy baby clubs parks and walking distance to the beach plus quick driving link for myself to drive to Auckland,

Also what age do kids start nursery/school etc in 12 weeks my children will be
Son 1-5yrs 3months born june 2009
son 2-3yrs born sept 2011
daughter will only be 14weeks

sorry for the questions
jen
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 3:26 am
Just Joined

jencox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving in 12 weeks good subrb to live and School System

sorry i must add husbands work will provide us temp accommodation for 1month and we will look to rent somewhere
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 8:40 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

sorry can't help on the area but Children start school on their 5th birthday so Son 1 will start straight away. Most Kindiess take children from 3 yrs but some do younger.

might help people advise on area if they know where in Auckland your OH will be working
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

A Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, 5 year old can start school straight away. 3 yr old will get 20 free hours in a kindy or daycare, you'll need to phone around/visit some when you know where you'll be living to find which ones have spaces.

As to which suburb to live in -

- where in Auckland will your husband be working?
- what is your budget for housing?

Last edited by A Rush And A Push; Jun 23rd 2014 at 10:44 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

The Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
Another question for you - what would you consider a quick drive? What are your maximum drive times for work and a quick dash into the city?
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jencox
sorry for the questions
jen

More questions for you:

Will you be renting long-term or intend to buy a house eventually and what's your budget for that?

What do you imagine is in 'Auckland' which would require a quick link for you?

If it's for work or shopping, I'd suggest you don't really need to have quick access to there at all. Other than for obligatory tourist visits to the Sky Tower with family and occasional wander around Wynyard Qtr and special occasions; we never go there. Most jobs are not in the square mile that is 'Auckland' and quick links to it are not really possible unless you can afford to live very close to it

If you want within walking distance of the sea then you will have to pay for it BIGTIME. You can add at least $100k + to any house that is anywhere within a sniff of the sea. There's some dare-devil extreme sportsmen and women employed in the real estate industry; their job is to get a photo of the merest little 'peep-of-the-sea', even if it means putting their life in danger balancing a stool on the toilet seat or standing on the roof on one leg swinging from the TV aerial to get that all important money shot.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles

If you want within walking distance of the sea then you will have to pay for it BIGTIME. You can add at least $100k + to any house that is anywhere within a sniff of the sea. There's some dare-devil extreme sportsmen and women employed in the real estate industry; their job is to get a photo of the merest little 'peep-of-the-sea', even if it means putting their life in danger balancing a stool on the toilet seat or standing on the roof on one leg swinging from the TV aerial to get that all important money shot.
Now, I never got that. I couldn't care less about seeing the sea. It's not like it ever does anything. Give a me a view down a valley to a lake any day over the Hauraki Gulf.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

bTW, I of course would say: North Shore. But that's cos we like it here (and so do 1000s and 1000s of other migrants). Out West could work for you as well tho, and comes with the Bearskin seal of approval too.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute

You cant go wrong with the North Shore except for the commute across the bridge and SH1 (Northern Motorway).
You may be better off finding somewhere on a train line - we originally favoured West Auckland for this reason, but ended up moving to the East Coast bays (North Shore) as they are very lush, in our opinion ;-)

I'll qualify my comment about the bridge and the commute by saying that if you are coming by bus and live near SH1, then it's quick and easy. There is a dedicated busway that runs alongside SH1 and gets you in quick.