Reload this Page >

Moved to Waikanae Beach

Moved to Waikanae Beach

Old Dec 21st 2010, 1:45 am
Just Joined

KiwiD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moved to Waikanae Beach

Hi there!

Been living in P'ram, but just moved to Waikanae.

Whilst we've been in the Kapiti area for a little while, we'd like to be able to meet some families over this way and find out a bit more about our new town!

We've got 2 kids - 5 and 7yrs who would love to make some friends over here during the holidays. Also any info about kids clubs like brownies, keas, sports etc would be great!

We're also interested in finding out if there are any mutual babysitting circles we can join or anyone interested in starting one with us?!!

Is there anyone in Waikanae out there on the forum?!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Teresa Green is just really niceTeresa Green is just really niceTeresa Green is just really niceTeresa Green is just really niceTeresa Green is just really niceTeresa Green is just really niceTeresa Green is just really niceTeresa Green is just really niceTeresa Green is just really niceTeresa Green is just really nice
Default Re: Moved to Waikanae Beach

Hi

We are living in P'ram Beach. We don't have any kids so can't help out with info buy we are thinking of moving to Waikaine so would be interested in your views on it after living in P'ram.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 2:41 am
Just Joined

Hi there

We moved to Waikanae because we felt that you could get better value for money with your property here and that longer term Waikanae would become more attractive as P'ram grows bigger and gets more commercially developed, therefore, in our view, making P'ram less appealing.

We like the beach better here and it's more peaceful generally in Waikanae than P'ram, but still has everything you need in town for your routine shopping and chores. There's plenty of local clubs and activities going on depending on what you're into.

We haven't really experienced any major problems with the Highway, but you do need to think about what time you are travelling occassionally when traffic hits peak times of day/days of week. We commute outside of the standard day so it rarely affects us.

We like it in Waikanae Beach, and would struggle to find somewhere in P'ram that compares with everything we have found here!...
Old Feb 9th 2011, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KiwiD
Hi there!

Been living in P'ram, but just moved to Waikanae.

Whilst we've been in the Kapiti area for a little while, we'd like to be able to meet some families over this way and find out a bit more about our new town!

We've got 2 kids - 5 and 7yrs who would love to make some friends over here during the holidays. Also any info about kids clubs like brownies, keas, sports etc would be great!

We're also interested in finding out if there are any mutual babysitting circles we can join or anyone interested in starting one with us?!!

Is there anyone in Waikanae out there on the forum?!
PM Biddy ..... look him up in the members list.. You are very lucky, I adore Waikanae. If you want to come over to Palmy Kate and I have twin 8 year old girls and Felix who is almost 10. We are quite mad but fun..Ps there is the brown Lab and 2 siameses aswell to contend with. You are welcome to come over if you are ever up this way.
Would be lovely to meet you guys.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

We're in Waikanae centre - and moved here for the very reasons you did. More for your money than in Para or Raumati, a small town centre with all the basic needs such as supermarkets/library/banks/takeaways etc and of course the beautiful beach with 3 good restaurants in walking distance of it. My kids love the pizzas at Long Beach!

My husband currently commutes by the kapiti commuter coach but can't wait for 20th Feb when Waikanae takes over from Paraparaumu as the main terminus for the trains to Wellington

Our kids are older (at school with 'Biddy's'!) at Kapanui. I assume yours are at Waikanae School. I taught there for a while last year and thought it was great. She's moving house this week so may be a bit hectic.

My daughter goes to Guides and I can let you know the Guide contact email if you PM me. There are two Brownie Packs on Tues/Thurs both held in the scout hall in the reserve off Ngaio Road near the Kindy. I assume you've found the swimming pool (can't miss it really!) and tennis courts etc. Kids' rugby starts soon and there is a soccer club too.

I hope you've settled in well. PM me if you'd like any further help.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 1:10 am
Just Joined

Thanks guys
Haven't been able to PM anyone as not earned anough postings yet!

Kids are still at school in P'ram Beach which is why we want them to join some activities over here so they have the opportunity to meet up with some other kids who are local to them as well as keeping up their existing friendships.

Have spent lots of time at the Pools this summer and our daughter has just joined Brownies this term, so settling into Waikanae life!

We are looking for a local babysitter though, as although we don't go out heaps we would like to use someone ocassionally that comes recommended and doesn't have to travel far.