Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

On the Move - Who to Use?

On the Move - Who to Use?

Old Mar 6th 2014, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Sarrony is an unknown quantity at this point
Question On the Move - Who to Use?

We are on the move later this year, relocating to Christchurch where my daughter and her family live. Although very much looking forward to it there is,as you will all know, so much to do before the off!
At the moment we are getting quotes for shipping our household goods. I have had a quote from Movecorp, a company I hadn't heard of before and don't really know anything about. It looks very cheap so I'm a bit dubious. Has anyone here used them?
The others we're looking at presently are Doree Bonner, Britannia and Fox. Any feedback would be very welcome.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 5:24 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On the Move - Who to Use?

Hi and Welcome to our little bit of BE

We used PSS as have others, Crown have also been mentioned as well as Pickfords.

This thread is about removals from NZ to UK but will have some useful information

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=823374

Last edited by MrsFychan; Mar 6th 2014 at 5:30 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, glad to be on board.

Comment and link much appreciated.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice

We found Pickford's Removal to be pretty spot on so far. Ensure you keep all records of removal ready for when it arrives, it may save a great deal of hassle and expense.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 6:28 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice!
Old Mar 7th 2014, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

JerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to all

Hi welcome to BE,

I started the thread mentioned by Mrs. F as we are moving to Christchurch next month. We've gone with Pickfords as they also operate in NZ and don't use agents, that's not to say those that do are worse, it was down to personal choice.

Also for shipping insurance Letton Percival came highly recommended on here and their rates are nearly half that of the shipping companies which saved us a significant amount. I found their forms a lot easier to fill out, the only catch with them is they only accept bank transfer and not credit card payment.

Best of luck with your move!