British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Move Visa to new passport (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/move-visa-new-passport-794065/)

j19fmm Apr 15th 2013 2:25 pm

Move Visa to new passport

OH needs a new passport as only 4 months left on it and they get funny when you travel on that!! Does anyone know how long it takes to get it sent out to NZ (Wellington I presume for LTBV) and get it back? Thank you xx

MrsFychan Apr 15th 2013 3:40 pm

Re: Move Visa to new passport

can they not do it at the London office for you?

Persephone Apr 15th 2013 5:14 pm

I agree, try the London office. I can't see why they couldn't do it.

AndyEvs Apr 15th 2013 6:49 pm

They do it at New Zealand House. I had to get my son's passport done. I happened to be back in the UK for a week so just popped in and they did it there and then. Think it cost about £50 (which I think is a bit outrageous). Took about half an hour from start to finish, during which time I was treated to LOTR, Dave Dobbyn and Crowded House, it didn't make me homesick!
I don't think any airline will let you fly these days with so little left on your passport.

j19fmm Apr 15th 2013 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by AndyEvs (Post 10660701)
They do it at New Zealand House. I had to get my son's passport done. I happened to be back in the UK for a week so just popped in and they did it there and then. Think it cost about £50 (which I think is a bit outrageous). Took about half an hour from start to finish, during which time I was treated to LOTR, Dave Dobbyn and Crowded House, it didn't make me homesick!
I don't think any airline will let you fly these days with so little left on your passport.

Do you think that is the same for any type of Visa? Ours is a LTBV.

MrsFychan Apr 15th 2013 8:32 pm

no harm in asking, give them a call.
the phone number in my signature won't cost the pound a minute as the normal number does, (hopefully it still up and running)

moonie2011 Apr 15th 2013 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10660875)
the phone number in my signature won't cost the pound a minute as the normal number does, (hopefully it still up and running)

Yes the number is still working but it has the same message as the other and tells you it costs £1 a minute??? :thumbdown:

MrsFychan Apr 15th 2013 10:04 pm

yes it still takes you to the right place and formal greeting but it should bypass the 1 pound switch

j19fmm Apr 16th 2013 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10660875)

Seems it should be ok. That's a weight off!! You have to pay the £55 and add £24 for admin charge. Still cheaper than sending it out to Wellington xx