Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The move is underway !

The move is underway !

Old Aug 14th 2011, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

annabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to all
Wink The move is underway !

Well just thought I would vent some subconscious emigration stress .... Here goes ....,. Phoned BT and other utilities to say stop services from 18th, simple you would think ? Yes, for everyone but BT ! Some incompetent fool at the call centre only had my phone cut off that day (7days early) and after several phone calls to share my frustration and promises each time still no phone ! Pain in the butt as my broadband is dead without it ! Mmmmm I think I will be writing to BT to share my views on their service !
Secondly, our removals arrived to do the first day of packing, we watch and listen over the cause of a few hours ........ Bang .......... Ching ......... Laughter then a big bang ...... My bookshelf falling against my staircase as the guys messes about ! ! !
Once they had disappeared for the day I had a look around to find that the one set of drawers left in the house were there as they had managed to pull the top body of them away from the base ! I thought, mmmmmm that was defo the big bang then ! ! ! But I am more annoyed that they did not mention a word to me ! Did they think I wouldn't notice ! In addition, it is interesting to see what things are actually wrapped in as opposed to what the blurb says which we were provided with ! We will see what Whites have to say on Monday ! But that's after BT have had the pleasure of my call
Old Aug 14th 2011, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The move is underway !

Make sure you mention any damage you have seen them do whilst they are packing. I'm planning to check all my boxes (or rather get father in law to) when they deliver. A friend of my did not check until she got around to packing and then found that what looked like a forklift had gone through a couple of their boxes and damaged all their computer gear. The company would not pay out the insurance as they did not notice it at the time of delivery.
Would have been nice to have got the boys together but we are on the Kapati coast near Welly.
I remember how stressfull the organising to leave was, just make lists, lists and more lists.
Good luck
Kaz
Old Aug 14th 2011, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The move is underway !

Originally Posted by annabel1
Well just thought I would vent some subconscious emigration stress .... Here goes ....,. Phoned BT and other utilities to say stop services from 18th, simple you would think ? Yes, for everyone but BT ! Some incompetent fool at the call centre only had my phone cut off that day (7days early) and after several phone calls to share my frustration and promises each time still no phone ! Pain in the butt as my broadband is dead without it ! Mmmmm I think I will be writing to BT to share my views on their service !
You'll feel quite at home then with the NZ equivalent; Telecom. They're equally as useless and incompetent especially when you do something 'out of the ordinary', like move house.