Move to Dunedin

Old Mar 11th 2011, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Theresa 1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Move to Dunedin

Hi all, I am moving to Dunedin Sept 2012, I've been looking at areas to live. Brockville, Halfway bush and Helensburgh all seem nice and have good Primary schools. Would love to hear from anyone who knows these areas. Also does anyone know what secondary school these primaries feed into?? Thanks Theresa
Old Mar 12th 2011, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Move to Dunedin

Hello Theresa,
Not sure about schools sorry, but a a friend of mine lives in St leonards and he loves it there. Its a nice place Dunedin, im sure you will all love it there.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:05 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a fan of Brockville, and Halfway Bush I don't really have a view on. I like Helensburgh, and it has excellent choice of schools round there.

From a school perspective, Balmacewen Intermediate (years 7-8) is close to Helensburgh and not far from the other two. Kaikorai Valley College is a coed secondary school near there, and then there are all the main single sex schools not too far away (less than 5min drive), including Columba, St Hilda and Otago Girls for the girls, and John McGlashan and Otago Boys for the boys. Columba and John McGlashan also cover intermediate (years 7-8). There are also plenty of primary schools not far from the suburbs you have focused on including Kaikorai, Maori Hill, Wakari. And Columba has a junior school too.

For other suburbs in a similar price bracket to Helensburgh (and thats me reading between the lines, so sorry in advance if I'm on the wrong track) then Anderson Bay, Opoho, Pine Hill and Mornington are ones I would look at.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:09 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest I can't think of a bad school in Dunedin. I'm sure there must be some, but overall the schools are of an excellent quality in my view. Our son goes to George St Normal School and it has an absolutely fabulous culture and the Principal is great.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Katchi is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the weather like in summer? Is it unpredictablle like UK or you get a decent summer? I have an option to move to Dunedin in the next few months or Hamilton or Whangarei. Your postings are very postive about various issues.
What is regarded as the best suburb in Dunedin?
Old Apr 17th 2011, 5:21 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Theresa 1
Hi all, I am moving to Dunedin Sept 2012, I've been looking at areas to live. Brockville, Halfway bush and Helensburgh all seem nice and have good Primary schools. Would love to hear from anyone who knows these areas. Also does anyone know what secondary school these primaries feed into?? Thanks Theresa
Welcome to the forum Theresa...... you've found the right place for info & help with your plans....good luck & happy posting
Old Apr 17th 2011, 5:26 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katchi
What is the weather like in summer? Is it unpredictablle like UK or you get a decent summer? I have an option to move to Dunedin in the next few months or Hamilton or Whangarei. Your postings are very postive about various issues.
What is regarded as the best suburb in Dunedin?
Hi Katchi....welcome to the forum why not start your own intro thread ? and tell us a bit more about yourself

There have been lots of previous threads about the weather etc ....try doing a search on the main forum or start a new thread ....lots of members living in or near the areas you've mentioned who would be happy to answer your questions.
Good luck with your plans & happy posting
Old Apr 17th 2011, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Theresa 1
Kia ora Theresa & welcome to our cosy NZ forum. I can't help with your specific questions but just wanted to wish you good luck with your plans