Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Mountain Biking the Port Hills, ChCh - Who Wants In?

Mountain Biking the Port Hills, ChCh - Who Wants In?

Old Dec 20th 2007, 7:51 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mountain Biking the Port Hills, ChCh - Who Wants In?

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Maz, you keep this up and I swear that I will take over your life. From where I am here it seems to be perfect! ITA in, alcohol in the work place by 10am - you are living my dream right now
Sorry love! I'm sure you'll get your ITA really soon. It apparently all depends on the workload of the local office too. From lodging the ITA to getting PR granted, we were quoted anywhere from one week to six months.

(Besides, you'd have to find me first! And PVFC keeps me locked up during office hours )
Old Dec 20th 2007, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

PVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Maz

(Besides, you'd have to find me first! And PVFC keeps me locked up during office hours )
Thats because Wellington zoo tried to contain her but failed
Old Dec 20th 2007, 7:08 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PVFC
Thats because Wellington zoo tried to contain her but failed
Cheeky ****er... I'll deal with you later mate!
Old Dec 21st 2007, 3:02 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dustybin
Oi your just giving mrs bin an excuse for chickening out!!!

I'll come, i'll be the one wheezing and stopping for the odd fag.

Any weekend or after about 4ish during the week is fine by me.
Haha, well I was hoping that excuse would work..
Old Dec 21st 2007, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Great stuff! Well then, not tonight as am off to the dreaded mall to pay homage to the God of a capitalist Christmas, and Fri is after work drinks. So, prob the 2 days after Christmas I reckon - the evening of Thurs or Fri next week, or that weekend. Good for you guys or are you away?

Bloody bike has decided that today is the day it will display a large amount of wear in the crank bearings. Will prob manage one or 2 more outings but will apparently cost 50 or 60 bucks to fix in the new year. Happy days. Not.
Hey big guy have you been giving your big end to much stick, wip it out, grease it up and hey presto fully functional.
A bit of lube works wonders.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 8:37 am
Just Joined

johnnos will become famous soon enoughjohnnos will become famous soon enough

I had my very first bash at cycling up massive blimmin' hills on Saturday, and not only was it tiring - it was also most excellent and I fancy doing a bit more of it.

So - who fancies a 'ChCh Expats do the Port Hills' excursion over the coming festive period? It can be an evening, a day, whenever really - it's not like we've got a big bunch of family to spend Christmas with!

DustyB, myself and a couple of others mooted it a while back between ourselves and I think now is the time for action.

It'll be nothing too taxing - just a ride up to Summit road, across for a wee while, and then a nice downhill somewhere with a cycle back to the cars. And then off to the pub and maybe a nice festive curry.

As usual for any kind of organising done by yours truly, be prepared for this to completely fall on its arse as my enthusiasm wanes in direct relation to the amount of festive pies I eat, but you gotta start somewhere. And I need to train for my Triathlon. Stop laughing at the back.
All sounds good

moving down end jan- be bale to get back to the hills on mtb and road bike
away from all this auckland madness

DJ
Old Dec 21st 2007, 10:15 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Hey big guy have you been giving your big end to much stick, wip it out, grease it up and hey presto fully functional.
A bit of lube works wonders.
My man, I have regularly been accused of too much whipping it out, but this time it is beyond grease.

10mm play equals proper shagged bearings so the question is:

Should I let a bike shop sort it for $50,

Or should I buy the tool, the parts, and sort it myself.

What say you, oh knowledgeable bike folks, you?
Old Dec 21st 2007, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

My man, I have regularly been accused of too much whipping it out, but this time it is beyond grease.

10mm play equals proper shagged bearings so the question is:

Should I let a bike shop sort it for $50,

Or should I buy the tool, the parts, and sort it myself.

What say you, oh knowledgeable bike folks, you?
$50, mate, unless you have a major urge to get your hands dirty, let the shop do it! (and i'm and engineer and possibly quite lazy!)
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 7:59 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Lets not mess about, why not go straight for this? http://www.stuff.co.nz/thepress/4331106a22426.html
Old Dec 27th 2007, 2:31 am
Account Closed

Is there a plan stan?
Old Dec 27th 2007, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dustybin
Is there a plan stan?
I reckon the big guys feet have gone cold.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 6:45 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

You cheeky monkeys! Feet gone cold indeed - you just wait

I'm at work till late today, and we're in Kaikoura over the weekend to try out our new tent, so how's about Monday afternoon - New Years Eve? 4 or 5pm or so, Port Hills nr Cashmere? 2 or 3 hrs of hill cycling frolics, then all off to our respective New Years celebrations. There's also a Speights Ale House in spitting distance for a restorative pint.

Otherwise, same but on New Years day, or again on the day after that.

So, three options there - what's it gonna be boyz? Or have YOUR feet gone cold?
Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:05 am
Account Closed

I'm at work till late today, and we're in Kaikoura over the weekend to try out our new tent, so how's about Monday afternoon - New Years Eve? 4 or 5pm or so, Port Hills nr Cashmere? 2 or 3 hrs of hill cycling frolics, then all off to our respective New Years celebrations. There's also a Speights Ale House in spitting distance for a restorative pint.

2nd of Jan is good for me. The thought of exercise on new years eve brings me out into a nasty rash! New years day might mean I leave the contents of my stomach on a hillside but if that is better for the rest of you I'll drag my sorry arse out.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Jan 2nd or new years day is fine with me. Mr DB could do with some suffering.

Last edited by mcuddy1; Dec 28th 2007 at 3:12 am. Reason: cock up
Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Mr DB could do with some suffering.
Cheers!!

The first it is then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.