Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Mountain Biking the Port Hills, ChCh - Who Wants In?

Mountain Biking the Port Hills, ChCh - Who Wants In?

Old Dec 18th 2007, 3:01 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mountain Biking the Port Hills, ChCh - Who Wants In?

I had my very first bash at cycling up massive blimmin' hills on Saturday, and not only was it tiring - it was also most excellent and I fancy doing a bit more of it.

So - who fancies a 'ChCh Expats do the Port Hills' excursion over the coming festive period? It can be an evening, a day, whenever really - it's not like we've got a big bunch of family to spend Christmas with!

DustyB, myself and a couple of others mooted it a while back between ourselves and I think now is the time for action.

It'll be nothing too taxing - just a ride up to Summit road, across for a wee while, and then a nice downhill somewhere with a cycle back to the cars. And then off to the pub and maybe a nice festive curry.

As usual for any kind of organising done by yours truly, be prepared for this to completely fall on its arse as my enthusiasm wanes in direct relation to the amount of festive pies I eat, but you gotta start somewhere. And I need to train for my Triathlon. Stop laughing at the back.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 4:07 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mountain Biking the Port Hills, ChCh - Who Wants In?

"Just a ride up to summit road..." not too taxing? It's a huge mountain FFS !
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:21 am

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yotty
"Just a ride up to summit road..." not too taxing? It's a huge mountain FFS !
Shhhhh! You'll scare 'em all away!!!!

Seriously though - if I can do it, Jabba The Hut can do it and if I recall correctly he ain't even got no legs.

Prob get Princess Leia to drag him up there in that golden bikini of hers... dribble (for Leia, not Jabba, you perverts )
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:55 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Shhhhh! You'll scare 'em all away!!!!

Seriously though - if I can do it, Jabba The Hut can do it and if I recall correctly he ain't even got no legs.

Prob get Princess Leia to drag him up there in that golden bikini of hers... dribble (for Leia, not Jabba, you perverts )
Old Dec 18th 2007, 9:33 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

You're mental. Get urself a 4x4.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

It'll be nothing too taxing - just a ride up to Summit road, across for a wee while, and then a nice downhill somewhere with a cycle back to the cars. And then off to the pub and maybe a nice festive curry.

Now that sounds like a laugh, Shame i wont be ot for a while..

Gary.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

I had my very first bash at cycling up massive blimmin' hills on Saturday, and not only was it tiring - it was also most excellent and I fancy doing a bit more of it.

So - who fancies a 'ChCh Expats do the Port Hills' excursion over the coming festive period? It can be an evening, a day, whenever really - it's not like we've got a big bunch of family to spend Christmas with!

DustyB, myself and a couple of others mooted it a while back between ourselves and I think now is the time for action.

As usual for any kind of organising done by yours truly, be prepared for this to completely fall on its arse as my enthusiasm wanes in direct relation to the amount of festive pies I eat, but you gotta start somewhere. And I need to train for my Triathlon. Stop laughing at the back.

Hi Wiz
Sounds good to me. I will look forward to it, but remember you have a few years on me so you will have to be gentle.
Cheers
Old Dec 18th 2007, 6:30 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to but would hold you all back, not THAT good !! Enjoy your day though...
Old Dec 19th 2007, 2:06 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
I would love to but would hold you all back, not THAT good !! Enjoy your day though...

Oi your just giving mrs bin an excuse for chickening out!!!

I'll come, i'll be the one wheezing and stopping for the odd fag.

Any weekend or after about 4ish during the week is fine by me.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Hi Wiz
Sounds good to me. I will look forward to it, but remember you have a few years on me so you will have to be gentle.
Cheers
Ha! Yeah right... don't for a moment think that I'll be leading the way! I was hoping that you'd show up to be a beacon of light at the front. No hiding it under a bushel now...

When's good for you? Eves or weekends?
Old Dec 19th 2007, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by Dustybin
Oi your just giving mrs bin an excuse for chickening out!!!

I'll come, i'll be the one wheezing and stopping for the odd fag.

Any weekend or after about 4ish during the week is fine by me.
Sweet mate - good on ya! I'll bring the Riggers of Harringtons

Will see what the McCuddy Monster can do timewise and we'll sort from there.

<Hanibal off The A Team> I love it when a plan comes together! </hotat>

Old Dec 19th 2007, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Ha! Yeah right... don't for a moment think that I'll be leading the way! I was hoping that you'd show up to be a beacon of light at the front. No hiding it under a bushel now...

When's good for you? Eves or weekends?
I don't mind.
After 16:30 week day or Weekend am. Back to you for time and place.
Cheers
Old Dec 20th 2007, 3:29 am

Great stuff! Well then, not tonight as am off to the dreaded mall to pay homage to the God of a capitalist Christmas, and Fri is after work drinks. So, prob the 2 days after Christmas I reckon - the evening of Thurs or Fri next week, or that weekend. Good for you guys or are you away?

Bloody bike has decided that today is the day it will display a large amount of wear in the crank bearings. Will prob manage one or 2 more outings but will apparently cost 50 or 60 bucks to fix in the new year. Happy days. Not.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 6:02 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

And Fri is after work drinks.
Does not compute. Today the beer fridge was opened at 4 pm. Apparently tomorrow they bring round the champers around 10 am.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Maz
Does not compute. Today the beer fridge was opened at 4 pm. Apparently tomorrow they bring round the champers around 10 am.
Maz, you keep this up and I swear that I will take over your life. From where I am here it seems to be perfect! ITA in, alcohol in the work place by 10am - you are living my dream right now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.