British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Mountain Biking the Port Hills, ChCh - Who Wants In? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/mountain-biking-port-hills-chch-who-wants-500411/)

Wiz'n'Ton Dec 18th 2007 3:01 am

Mountain Biking the Port Hills, ChCh - Who Wants In?

I had my very first bash at cycling up massive blimmin' hills on Saturday, and not only was it tiring - it was also most excellent and I fancy doing a bit more of it.

So - who fancies a 'ChCh Expats do the Port Hills' excursion over the coming festive period? It can be an evening, a day, whenever really - it's not like we've got a big bunch of family to spend Christmas with! ;)

DustyB, myself and a couple of others mooted it a while back between ourselves and I think now is the time for action.

It'll be nothing too taxing - just a ride up to Summit road, across for a wee while, and then a nice downhill somewhere with a cycle back to the cars. And then off to the pub and maybe a nice festive curry.

As usual for any kind of organising done by yours truly, be prepared for this to completely fall on its arse as my enthusiasm wanes in direct relation to the amount of festive pies I eat, but you gotta start somewhere. And I need to train for my Triathlon. :eek: Stop laughing at the back. :rofl:

Yotty Dec 18th 2007 4:07 am

Re: Mountain Biking the Port Hills, ChCh - Who Wants In?

"Just a ride up to summit road..." not too taxing? It's a huge mountain FFS ! :rofl:

Wiz'n'Ton Dec 18th 2007 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Yotty (Post 5679466)
"Just a ride up to summit road..." not too taxing? It's a huge mountain FFS ! :rofl:

Shhhhh! You'll scare 'em all away!!!! ;)

Seriously though - if I can do it, Jabba The Hut can do it and if I recall correctly he ain't even got no legs.

Prob get Princess Leia to drag him up there in that golden bikini of hers... dribble :wub: (for Leia, not Jabba, you perverts :rofl:)

Maz Dec 18th 2007 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton (Post 5679858)
Shhhhh! You'll scare 'em all away!!!! ;)

Seriously though - if I can do it, Jabba The Hut can do it and if I recall correctly he ain't even got no legs.

Prob get Princess Leia to drag him up there in that golden bikini of hers... dribble :wub: (for Leia, not Jabba, you perverts :rofl:)

:lol: :rofl:

TeamEmbo Dec 18th 2007 9:33 am

You're mental. Get urself a 4x4.

Wessa Dec 18th 2007 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton (Post 5679232)
It'll be nothing too taxing - just a ride up to Summit road, across for a wee while, and then a nice downhill somewhere with a cycle back to the cars. And then off to the pub and maybe a nice festive curry.

:rofl:

Now that sounds like a laugh, Shame i wont be ot for a while.. :thumbup:

Gary.

mcuddy1 Dec 18th 2007 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton (Post 5679232)
I had my very first bash at cycling up massive blimmin' hills on Saturday, and not only was it tiring - it was also most excellent and I fancy doing a bit more of it.

So - who fancies a 'ChCh Expats do the Port Hills' excursion over the coming festive period? It can be an evening, a day, whenever really - it's not like we've got a big bunch of family to spend Christmas with! ;)

DustyB, myself and a couple of others mooted it a while back between ourselves and I think now is the time for action.

As usual for any kind of organising done by yours truly, be prepared for this to completely fall on its arse as my enthusiasm wanes in direct relation to the amount of festive pies I eat, but you gotta start somewhere. And I need to train for my Triathlon. :eek: Stop laughing at the back. :rofl:

Hi Wiz
Sounds good to me. I will look forward to it, but remember you have a few years on me so you will have to be gentle.
Cheers

Andrew Cross Dec 18th 2007 6:30 pm

I would love to but would hold you all back, not THAT good !! Enjoy your day though...:)

Dustybin Dec 19th 2007 2:06 am

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross (Post 5681757)
I would love to but would hold you all back, not THAT good !! Enjoy your day though...:)

Oi your just giving mrs bin an excuse for chickening out!!!

I'll come, i'll be the one wheezing and stopping for the odd fag.

Any weekend or after about 4ish during the week is fine by me.

Wiz'n'Ton Dec 19th 2007 3:16 am

Originally Posted by mcuddy1 (Post 5681550)
Hi Wiz
Sounds good to me. I will look forward to it, but remember you have a few years on me so you will have to be gentle.
Cheers

Ha! Yeah right... don't for a moment think that I'll be leading the way! I was hoping that you'd show up to be a beacon of light at the front. No hiding it under a bushel now... :thumbup:

When's good for you? Eves or weekends?

Wiz'n'Ton Dec 19th 2007 3:19 am

Originally Posted by Dustybin (Post 5683412)
Oi your just giving mrs bin an excuse for chickening out!!!

I'll come, i'll be the one wheezing and stopping for the odd fag.

Any weekend or after about 4ish during the week is fine by me.

Sweet mate - good on ya! I'll bring the Riggers of Harringtons :beer:

Will see what the McCuddy Monster can do timewise and we'll sort from there.

<Hanibal off The A Team> I love it when a plan comes together! </hotat>

:thumbsup:

mcuddy1 Dec 19th 2007 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton (Post 5683633)
Ha! Yeah right... don't for a moment think that I'll be leading the way! I was hoping that you'd show up to be a beacon of light at the front. No hiding it under a bushel now... :thumbup:

When's good for you? Eves or weekends?

I don't mind.
After 16:30 week day or Weekend am. Back to you for time and place.
Cheers

Wiz'n'Ton Dec 20th 2007 3:29 am

Great stuff! Well then, not tonight as am off to the dreaded mall to pay homage to the God of a capitalist Christmas, and Fri is after work drinks. So, prob the 2 days after Christmas I reckon - the evening of Thurs or Fri next week, or that weekend. Good for you guys or are you away?

Bloody bike has decided that today is the day it will display a large amount of wear in the crank bearings. Will prob manage one or 2 more outings but will apparently cost 50 or 60 bucks to fix in the new year. Happy days. Not. :thumbdown:

Maz Dec 20th 2007 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton (Post 5687384)
And Fri is after work drinks.

Does not compute. Today the beer fridge was opened at 4 pm. Apparently tomorrow they bring round the champers around 10 am. :rofl:

Wiz'n'Ton Dec 20th 2007 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 5687676)
Does not compute. Today the beer fridge was opened at 4 pm. Apparently tomorrow they bring round the champers around 10 am. :rofl:

Maz, you keep this up and I swear that I will take over your life. From where I am here it seems to be perfect! ITA in, alcohol in the work place by 10am - you are living my dream right now ;)