Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Motorbike Insurance

Motorbike Insurance

Old Mar 7th 2010, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Motorbike Insurance

Jim is asking what the cost of insurance is like in NZ for his bikes he has 2 a Kawasaki ZX9R & a Yamaha Thunderace.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of
Default Re: Motorbike Insurance

We have insured a Harley sportster sport 1200cc and a Buell Lightening 1200cc for $51 per month.
This is with Swan insurance via a Harley dealership and you Dont have to have a harley to get the insurance.

Ami and several other insurers was quoting double what Swann wanted.

HTH
Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Great thanks just did a quick quote it said $39 per month or $426 per yr for one bike do you know if they do multiple policies ?

Bloody boys & their toys lol
Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

Sorry I don't know you could always give them a call. We did all of ours though Harley dealership and were really impressed with how cheap they were. It also gives you breakdown cover also for the bikes, which is an added bonus.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheers for that have some karma
Old Mar 7th 2010, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim
Great thanks just did a quick quote it said $39 per month or $426 per yr for one bike do you know if they do multiple policies ?
yes, I think some do
Old Mar 8th 2010, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

cheers for that have some karma

Karma?
Old Mar 8th 2010, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

my B King is 400 bux her gsxr 1000 is 450 i think from memory, u insure the bike here so anybody (over25) can ride it if i drop it it,s a 500 bux exess if a mate drops it it,s a grand

Neil

Quick edit, i,m not sure on the multiple Jan might be wrong i think u have to do per bike
Old Mar 8th 2010, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey thanks for that. It's a new cost for us as they have always been insured on the garage policy. Don't see why he needs 2 bikes bur will not part with either!
Old Mar 8th 2010, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Newfies
Karma?
It's the wee blue boxes under your name saying how nice you are
Old Mar 8th 2010, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
my B King is 400 bux her gsxr 1000 is 450 i think from memory, u insure the bike here so anybody (over25) can ride it if i drop it it,s a 500 bux exess if a mate drops it it,s a grand

Neil

Quick edit, i,m not sure on the multiple Jan might be wrong i think u have to do per bike

With both Swann and AMI, the excess is what the cc of the bike is. If it is a 400cc then it is $400 excess if it is a 1200cc it is $1200 excess. A hard one to swallow I know. From memory this seems to be the thing with all insurances on motorbikes. Sucks ehh. I am insured to ride the bikes even though I dont have a bike license.

Thanks for the Karma!
Old Mar 8th 2010, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

With both Swann and AMI, the excess is what the cc of the bike is. If it is a 400cc then it is $400 excess if it is a 1200cc it is $1200 excess. A hard one to swallow I know. From memory this seems to be the thing with all insurances on motorbikes. Sucks ehh. I am insured to ride the bikes even though I dont have a bike license.

Thanks for the Karma!
omg a $ a cc
Old Mar 9th 2010, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

omg a $ a cc

The trick is NOT to have an accident where you need to pay the excess!
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwibiker, for the ins AMI are way to expensive on bikes

When i rang up to do ours and told them i had brought our proof of no claims over they just said "we just assume that u have that any way" and gave us full NCB sraight away

Neil
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
Kiwibiker, for the ins AMI are way to expensive on bikes

When i rang up to do ours and told them i had brought our proof of no claims over they just said "we just assume that u have that any way" and gave us full NCB sraight away

Neil

Ami and several other insurers was quoting double what Swann wanted.
Mmmmm Thought that is what I said here?