British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   MOTO GP/World Superbikes (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/moto-gp-world-superbikes-752003/)

Judimc Mar 19th 2012 4:14 am

MOTO GP/World Superbikes

Help!

We are currently staying in a serviced apt while we await delivery of our furniture (could be a while if port problems continue). We currently have Sky Sports 1 & 2, but do not get bike racing. To save me a winter of misery, does anyone know if these are shown on any other Sky channels that we may be able to get once we have our own home? Thanks guys

theghostofdustybin Mar 19th 2012 5:15 am

Re: MOTO GP/World Superbikes

Originally Posted by Judimc (Post 9960298)
Help!

We are currently staying in a serviced apt while we await delivery of our furniture (could be a while if port problems continue). We currently have Sky Sports 1 & 2, but do not get bike racing. To save me a winter of misery, does anyone know if these are shown on any other Sky channels that we may be able to get once we have our own home? Thanks guys

It is normally on Sky, often with highlights on TVNZ one. I always find that whatever sport i want to watch is always on the channel i don't have when i am in a motel.....

Jan n Neil Mar 19th 2012 7:21 am

It,s definatley one one of the sky channels we watch most of them i will try and find out wich one

Neil

Judimc Mar 19th 2012 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil (Post 9960440)
It,s definatley one one of the sky channels we watch most of them i will try and find out wich one

Neil

Thanks guys, that has put a smile in the face of him next to me, I feared tears and a rapid return to blighty!

Justcol Mar 19th 2012 9:42 am

Both wsbk and motogp are shown live on sky sports 1 and 2 with replays / highlights later that day or the day after.
We have Gavin Emmet and Nick Harris commentating who are excellent, so much better than the UK idiots on eurosport and the BBC
The highlights that tvnz show are usually about 3 weeks later and are very short but we do tend to get motogp qualifying

MotoGp starts in Qatar on 8th April
WSBK second round is Imola 1st April

Judimc Mar 19th 2012 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Justcol (Post 9960608)
Both wsbk and motogp are shown live on sky sports 1 and 2 with replays / highlights later that day or the day after.
We have Gavin Emmet and Nick Harris commentating who are excellent, so much better than the UK idiots on eurosport and the BBC
The highlights that tvnz show are usually about 3 weeks later and are very short but we do tend to get motogp qualifying

MotoGp starts in Qatar on 8th April
WSBK second round is Imola 1st April

Brilliant, so as long as we get Sky with recording abilities he will not miss a minute :D from him, :frown:from me! Appreciate your info